The Wind Done Sold, But Controversy Isn't Always So Good For Sales
- Book Sale. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);5/15/2008, Vol. 33 Issue 18, p5
The article announces that the Friends of the Tatum Public Library will hold a Book Sale on May 19-30, 2008 in Tatum, Texas.
- It's a great time for reading at the Buda Public Library. Fisher, Allen // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);12/1/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 35, p2C
The article reports that Buda Public Library in Buda, Texas will be having an annual Budafest Book Sale at the Library on December 2-5, 2010, in which several types of books including zoology, fiction and non-fiction, and games and puzzles books will be offered.
- Singer to Sigerist, London, 4 October 1923. // Medical History Supplement;2010/2011, Issue 30, p70
A letter is presented from Charles Singer, a British historian of science, technology, and medicine, to Henry E. Sigerist, a Swiss physician, regarding the selling of several publications.
- Guelph's Book Shelf speaks out against merger. Weiler, Derek // Quill & Quire;Jun2001, Vol. 67 Issue 6, p5
Focuses on the public opinion of independent book sellers on the Indigo-Chapters merger in Canada. Developments of the merger chain; Terms for Chapters in several areas; Arguments on the closure of store han selling.
- Regionals prepare for spring breaks. // Publishers Weekly;2/5/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p25
Announces the schedule for various trade shows and conferences planned by regional booksellers associations in the United States in spring 1995. Includes the trade of the Pacific Northwest Booksellers Association (PNBA) in Washington; Great Lakes Booksellers Association (GLBA) educational...
- ST. PAUL LIBRARY'S GOTFRIENDS. Kirch, Claire // Publishers Weekly;11/30/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 48, p18
The article reports on Opus & Olives, a fund-raiser in Saint Paul, Minnesota created by the Friends of the Saint Paul Public Library (FSPPL) in partnership with RBC Wealth Management, and the St. Paul Pioneer Press. The event was launched in 2004 to raise the profile of the library. It outlines...
- Collecting Old Books. // Yankee;Jul/Aug2005, Vol. 69 Issue 6, p42
Presents tips for buying old books. Type of paper used for old books; Acquisition of books by subject; Purchase of first edition books.
- Selling Spanish-language books in the United States. Mlawer, Teresa // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter94/95, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p50
Offers the author's personal perspective on opportunities exploited and missed in selling Spanish-language publications in the United States. Hispanic population in the United States; Markets for the publications; Growing number of children's books in Spanish; Problem concerning translation of...
- Continual book sales. Rosenfeld, Jane; Turcotte, Dolores V.; Melton, Emily // American Libraries;Nov90, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p954
This article discusses the factors that should be considered in creating a continual book sale, including the advantages, disadvantages and staff time involved. Orchard Park Public Library at Orchard Park, New York has an ongoing self-service sale of donated and discarded books and periodicals,...