DTNA gets $40 million in federal funding for truck technology
- Video: Freighliner updates progress on SuperTruck project. // Fleet Owner Blog;2/25/2013, p1
The article reports on the progress in freight efficiency achieved by Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) that is presented in a video by T.J. Reed, product strategy director for the Freightliner brand at DTNA, following its participation in the SuperTruck initiative of the U.S. Department of...
- Daimler's SuperTruck program exceeds goals. // Bulk Transporter;May2015, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p40
The article reports that Daimler Trucks North America LLC's (DTNA) SuperTruck program, a five-year research and development initiative, has achieved 115% freight efficiency improvement in 2015, surpassing the U.S. Department of Energy's (DOE) program's goal. DTNA engineers conducted a series of...
- SuperTrucks showing promise. BIRKLAND, CAROL // Fleet Equipment;May2013, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p2
The author reflects on the SuperTruck Program established by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) Vehicle Technologies Program. The DOE affirms that total vehicle improvement involves the efficiency of the tractor and trailer, as well as its engine. The author says that the agency's program...
- Daimler Reaches SuperTruck Targets One Year Early. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;7/1/2014, p1
The article offers information on the Daimler Trucks North America's target of manufacturing the SuperTruck project along with various partners. It mentions that the project is sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) which is an expansive five-year research and development (R&D)...
- Effort on to drive acceptance. KILCARR, SEAN // Fleet Owner;Mar2011, Vol. 106 Issue 3, p21
The article focuses on the efforts being made to deploy hybrid commercial vehicles in the U.S. motor vehicle fleet community under the Maryland Hybrid Truck Initiative (MHTI). It informs that hybrid commercial vehicles from Daimler Trucks North America LLC (DTNA) are being deployed under the...
- Small fire at DTNA's Gastonia plant quickly extinguished. // Fleet Owner Blog;10/25/2012, p2
The article reports that a small fire at the plant of Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) in Gastonia, North Carolina, was extinguished quickly before it caused major damage.
- Thomas takes order for SCR school buses. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jan2010, Vol. 51 Issue 3, p6
The article reports that Daimler Trucks North America has received an order for school buses with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology from the Montgomery County Public Schools in Maryland.
- Daimler Trucks expands production, hiring. // Trailer / Body Builders;Apr2011, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p5
The article reports on the plan of Daimler Trucks North America to hire 628 employees at its plants in Mount Holly and Gastonia, North Carolina beginning in mid-March 2011 to accommodate the increasing customer demand and expanding production schedules.
- Next-generation Cascadia boosts fuel economy 5%. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner Blog;5/30/2012, p7
The article previews the over-the-road Cascadia tractor from Daimler Trucks North America.