Big changes coming for trucks and trailers
- To the point. SHIERS, WILL // Truck & Driver;Feb2011, p7
The article comments on how the year 2011 will shape up for truck drivers in Great Britain.
- EXECUTIVE COMMENTARY. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);1/10/2011, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p144
The article discusses views by executives on the 2011 outlook for the U.S. trucking industry. One executive claims the Comprehensive Safety Analysis of 2010 will reduce collisions and fatalities in the trucking sector but will also worsen the driver shortage. Another executive cites other key...
- MORE WITH LESS. VISE, AVERY // Commercial Carrier Journal;Jan2011, Vol. 168 Issue 1, p40
This article examines prospects for the U.S. trucking industry in 2011. Challenges facing the industry include continued capacity constraints, driver shortage and a greater focus on and safety and compliance via the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration's Compliance Safety Accountability...
- Your Aug. 18 Pre-Trip: Traffic deaths up 14% nationally. Commendatore, Cristina // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;8/18/2015, p10
The article lists five things that are worth knowing for truckers. According to the National Safety Council, traffic deaths increased by 14% as of August 18, 2015. Lawmakers in California are contemplating to increase tax on gas and hybrid vehicles. Budget for a toll road project for U.S. 301 in...
- Rolling, rolling, rolling. Baxter, John // Overdrive;Aug2008, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p48
The article provides information on the advantages of using roll tarp system and Conestoga system for open-top trailers in the U.S. The author stated that using roll tarp reduces physical stress for the operator over time. Meanwhile, the Conestoga system enables one to put a graphic on the tarp...
- Denver fleet adds four Freightliner hybrids. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jul2010, Vol. 51 Issue 9, p170
The article reports that four Freightliner Business Class M2 106 Hybrid trucks have been added by the Denver Fleet Management Division as replacements for the older units that were part of the city's fleet of vehicles.
- Hybrid electric trucks to be tested. // Overdrive;Dec97, Vol. 37 Issue 12, p94
Reports on progress of various manufacturers in developing hybrid electric trucks. Features of the hybrid electric concept vehicles developed by Navistar International Corp. in partnership with Lockheed Martin; Volvo's commercial tests of eco-friendly hybrid trucks.
- Hybrid future. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner;Jul2002, Vol. 97 Issue 7, p37
Comments on the integration of the hybrid technology into trucks. Advantages of hybrid technology; Factors needed to be address for trucks to get the same benefits from the technology; Outlook for the hybrid trucks.
- Volvo attempts World speed record. // Motor Equipment News;Apr2012, p33
The article focuses on the attempt to be made by Mean Green, which is the fastest hybrid truck in the world, to go over 260 kilometers per hour on April 27, 2012 in Utah.