Trailer Output Drops 46% in 2009
- TRAILER FOCUS: REFRIGERATED. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2012, Vol. 169 Issue 5, p85
The article evaluates several refrigerated trailers with improved insulation and heat isolation including Everest CL from Great Dane Trailers, Wabash National's Arcticlite Refrigerated and Hyundai Translead's HT Thermotech.
- Trailer output drops 46% in two years. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2009, Vol. 50 Issue 4, p18
This article reports on the decline in truck trailer production during the 2006-2008 period of economic downturn. 151,641 complete truck trailers were produced by major trailer manufacturers in 2008. A 50% to 52% decline in unit numbers were posted by individual manufacturers. According to the...
- Trailer output up 9.4% in 2012. SCHENCK, PAUL // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2013, Vol. 54 Issue 4, p16
The article reports on truck trailer output in 2012. The trailer industry managed to produce 234,870 trailers in 2012, a 9.4 percent increase from 2011. Of the 25 top manufacturers, the top 6 produced 6.7 percent of the total output, indicating that the medium- and smaller-sized manufacturers...
- Total industry shipments remain steady for 29 largest trailer builders. Schenck, Paul // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;2/1/2014, p2
The article reports on the stability of total industry shipments in the truck trailer manufacturing industry in North America in 2013. It mentions industry data including the 244,864 truck trailers built by the largest 29 trailer manufacturers for the year, the forecast of several of those...
- TRAILER FOCUS: DRY VANS. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Feb2008, Vol. 165 Issue 2, p58
The article evaluates several dry vans from leading suppliers including the HT Composite from Hyundai Translead, the VXP from Vanguard, and the Duraplate Dry Van from Wabash.
- Trailer manufacturers up again in 2011. Schenck, Paul // Trailer / Body Builders;Feb2012, Vol. 53 Issue 4, p18
The article discusses the performance of the 25 largest truck trailer manufacturers for the calendar 2011 which registered an increase of 78%. It cites the van trailer producers as the most productive manufacturers having manufactured more than 3/4 of the total output by the companies that...
- BNSF, Wabash offer ReeferRailer incentives. // Railway Age;Apr2000, Vol. 201 Issue 4, p18
Reveals the incentive package Burlington Northern and Santa Fe and Wabash National are offering shippers for switching from regular trailers to ReeferRailers. Features of the ReeferRailer Ice Cold Express trains.
- REFRIGERATED. // Commercial Carrier Journal;May2013, Vol. 170 Issue 5, p60
The article offers information on products including Everest TL Refrigerated trailer by Great Dane, trailer manufacturer; HT Thermotech manufactured by Hyundai Translead, freight and reefer van manufacturer; and 3000R Refrigerated van manufactured by Utility, U.S. based semi-trailer manufacturer.
- Refrigerated. // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct2015, Vol. 172 Issue 10, p36
The article evaluates several refrigerated trailers including the Everest TL Refrigerated from Great Dane, HT Thermotech from Hyundai Translead, and 3000R refrigerated van from Utility Trailer Manufacturing Co.