Strengthening freight might lead to higher truck, trailer sales in 2011
- Truck Outlook Report service is begun. // Bulk Transporter;Jan2009, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p12
The article offers information on the new service program of FTR Associates, an industry leader in freight transportation forecasting, in the U.S. It explains that the new North American Commercial Truck Outlook Report service being launched by the company in 2008 will include information it...
- Class 8 Orders in 2014 Are Second-Highest Ever: FTR. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;1/7/2015, p1
The article discusses the freight transportation report issued by FTR Associates which reveals the total Class 8 truck orders for 2014, the preliminary December Class 8 truck net orders, and the increase in the 2015 orders of fleets as they aim to reserve trucks for future deliveries.
- FTR Holding Commercial Vehicle Truck and Trailer Outlook Webinar. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;6/ 7/2013, p3
The article reports that FTR Associates will hold an online seminar entitled "Commercial Vehicle Truck and Trailer Outlook Webinar."
- Forecast for 2009 continues to deteriorate. // Refrigerated Transporter;Jan2009, Vol. 44 Issue 8, p7
The article provides information on the latest truck market forecast of FTR Associates company in the U.S. The freight market is projected to decline for seven consecutive quarters, bottoming out in the 2009 third quarter at more than 9% below the year-end 2007 level. It also projects that...
- Worst of recession is over, FTR report says. // Bulk Transporter;Jun2009, Vol. 71 Issue 12, p10
The article focuses on the report of the FTR Associates which states an end on the worst part of the recession. It states that though the recession has gradually moderated, the firm will take the difficult road to its recovery. According to FTR, the economy will be stable in the third quarter,...
- Class 8 net truck orders spike upward in October. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2009, Vol. 51 Issue 2, p6
The article discusses preliminary data from FTR Associates which indicate that Class 8 net truck orders for all major North American original equipment manufacturers (OEM) has reached 21,792 units in October 2009. The volume in October has surged 104% over September and reflected a 117%...
- FTR: A modest year ahead in truck demand. Cullen, David // Fleet Owner Blog;12/16/2013, p9
The article reports that the demand for Class 8 trucks will rise only modestly from 241,000 units in 2014 to 261,000 units across North America. Eric Starks, president of FTR Associates said that they have been trending up since the rebooted Hours-of-Service (HOS) rules went into effect on July...
- Class 8 Orders Up 29% Year-Over-Year: FTR. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;9/4/2014, p1
The article discusses preliminary data released by freight transportation intelligence provider FTR Associates, that revealed a 29 percent year-over-year increase in North American Class eight truck net orders in August 2014, attributed partly to summer dealer incentive programs.
- Market 'Very Vulnerable' Due to Capacity Crisis. Weber, Rick // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;4/10/2014, p4
The article focuses on the message given by Noel Perry, senior consultant for FTR Associates, on the vulnerability of the trucking market to capacity crisis. Topics covered include the estimated percentage of active truck utilization which is considered the break point for the industry, the weak...