Trailer shipments hit 32-year low in 2009
- December trailer net orders continue climb. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;2/ 8/2011, p7
The article offers information on the 7% increase in net orders of commercial trailers in December 2010. According to the Americas Commercial Transportation Research Co. LLC (ACT), the surge in net orders has been broad-based and factory shipments increased by 12%. However, ACT president Kenny...
- ACT Research: Confidence crisis holding down Class 8 orders. // Fleet Owner Blog;6/22/2012, p6
The article discusses the findings of ACT Research about the crisis of confidence that is holding down order activity for Class 8 trucks. ACT Research president & senior analyst Kenny Vieth elaborates on the problem which he says is not freight-related, otherwise a run-up in cancellation...
- Good times, for a long time. // Trailer / Body Builders;Jun2004, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p28
Presents information on the commercial truck and trailer market in the U.S. according to Ken Vieth of ACT Research. Reason for the strong demand for trailers; Information on the financial status of fleets; Factors that affect the truck and trailer industry.
- Orders for Trailers achieve three-year high. // Trailer / Body Builders;Dec2003, Vol. 45 Issue 2, p5
Reports on an increase of orders of truck trailers in September 2003 according to ACT Research. Number of orders received by trailer manufacturers; Comment from Kenny Vieth of ACT, on the rebound of the business.
- Steady as she goes. WEBER, RICK // Trailer / Body Builders;Nov2013, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p44
The article discusses truck trailer sales in the United States, focusing on a presentation given by Kenny Vieth at the 2013 Nation Truck Dealers conference entitled "The Great Ok: An Overview of US Trailer Demand in Late 2013. Vieth, president of ACT Research, predicts steady activity in the...
- Truck demand continues growth in third quarter. // Bulk Transporter Exclusive Insight;9/24/2014, p1
The article discusses the State of the Industry report released by Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co., which reveals a growth in the demand for Class 5 to 8 trucks in the North American market in August 2014, and views of ACT's president Kenny Vieth on a rise in truck orders.
- Class 5-8 Preliminary Net Orders Increase in July: ACT. // Trailer/Body Builders Exclusive Insight;8/5/2015, p1
The article presents statistics related to increase in the net orders for class 5-8 vehicles in July 2015 according to commercial vehicle industry research firm ACT Research and presents views of Kenny Vieth, President and Senior Analyst at ACT, on the issue.
- Class 8 orders beat expectations in July. // Trailer / Body Builders;Sep2015, Vol. 56 Issue 11, p14
The article reports increase in purchase orders for Class 8 trucks in July 2015 according to the State of the Industry report released by Americas Commercial Transportation (ACT) Research Co., and presents the views of ACT president Kenny Vieth on the same.
- September was a good month for commercial vehicle demand. MARTIN, DEAN // Fleet Equipment;Nov2014, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p60
The article offers information on the growth of the commercial vehicle demand including American medium- and heavy-duty Class 5 to 8 orders, along with statement of Kenny Vieth, Americas Commercial Transportation's (ACT's) president and senior analyst.