Doubling rear under-run strength
- Ho-hum no more. Mele, Jim // Fleet Owner;Jun99, Vol. 94 Issue 6, p26
Comments on the importance of trailers in the trucking industry. Government regulations on trailers; Remote tracking of trailers; Advanced technologies for trailers introduced by Qualcomm company and Tip company.
- Trailer height decision delay as EC consults. // Commercial Motor;5/10/2012, Vol. 217 Issue 5483, p8
The article reports on the delay of a solution to the 4 meter truck trailer height controversy in Great Britain while the European Commission (EC) consults with member states.
- Spreading the Load. // Commercial Motor;10/20/2011, Vol. 216 Issue 5455, p3
The author discusses the need for the Department for Transport (DfT) to consider the impact of funds on operational efficiencies of truck trailers in Great Britain.
- FHWA's underride guard maintenance rule provokes questions. Snyder // Commercial Carrier Journal;Oct99, Vol. 156 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the United States Federal Highway Administration's issuance of a final ruling on the maintenance of energy-absorbing underride guards for truck trailers. Amendment to the `Parts and Accessories for Safety Operation' portion of the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations; Uncertainty...
- GOING LONG ON TRUCKS. Cassidy, William B. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);7/19/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 29, p34
The article reports that the Western Governors Association has urged the U.S. Congress to lift the ban on longer combination vehicles (LCVs) or double- and triple-trailer trucks on High Plains highways. The ban on LCVs can only be lifted if railroads decide to reverse their opposition to longer...
- Policy and Legislation. // Public Roads;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 63 Issue 1, p51
Presents information on some developments on transportation policy and legislation in the United States. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) requirements for truck trailers; Vice President Al Gore's effort addressing concerns about traffic congestion and road safety.
- Sold short. Swallow, Kevin // Commercial Motor;9/26/2013, Vol. 220 Issue 5544, p10
The article focuses on the views of transport industry to the move of the British Department of Transport (DfT) concerning long semi-trailers trials. It mentions that many transport operators remains undecided on how they might use a long semi-trailer. Andy Dodge of Lawrence David expressed his...
- Tire placard importance. Weber, Rick // Trailer / Body Builders;May2007, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p64
The article reports that many truck trailer manufacturers are unaware of regulation requiring label adjacent to VIN certification label. According to Dick Klein, consulting engineer for the National Asociation of Trailer Manufacturers, each trailer must on its placard contain a carco capacity...
- The long waiting game. Shone, Emma // Motor Transport;10/17/2016, p14
The article focuses on the issue of semi-trailer trial conducted by the government in Great Britain. Topics discussed include an overview of the semi-trailer trial, the momentum and development of the trial, the question whether the trailers should be replaced, and the mixed allocation when it...