Dish Dabbles With Google-Fueled Set-Tops
- Two Out of Every Five Pay TV Households Expected to Have Access to Applications on the Set-top Box by 2019, According to ABI Research. // Wireless Satellite & Broadcasting;Feb2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p15
The article discusses the results of the 2013 ABI research which found that one out of every ten pay television (TV) households had access to applications on the set-top box and by 2019 the ratio will become two out of every five. Topics covered include the focus of entertainment applications...
- COX TESTING SET-TOP BOX LINKING TV, INTERNET. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;7/8/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 27, p19
The article discusses the testing being conducted by Cox Communications for an Internet-based set-top box called "FanTV" that will allow users to watch and record live television (TV) shows and access on-demand programs under the brand name FlareWatch but does not offer access to Hulu or Netflix.
- Cable's 'VidiPath' to Retail. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;5/18/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 19, p14
The article discusses VidiPath, the brand name for a set of technical guidelines also known as CVP-2 that enables consumers to stream their favorite television shows and films to retail products like smartphones. Topics discussed include the guidelines by the Digital Living Network Alliance...
- TiVo's Spring Season Premieres Commitment Chart. // Multichannel News;5/12/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 19, p8
The article presents spring season premieres commitment chart by marketing and subscription services provider TiVo Inc. and mentions various network series viewed and recorded by viewers on their set-top-boxes including "Bad Teacher," "Playing House" and "Motive."
- YouView catch-up TV finally launches. Baker, Rosie // Marketing Week (Online Edition);7/4/2012, p11
The article reports that YouView started its catch-up TV service on existing channels including ITV, British Broadcasting Corporation, and Channel 4. The service features 7-day catch up on-demand content and a collection of catch-up shows from main broadcasters through its built in programme...
- The Research in Satellite Television Channel Landing Fee of China Based on PageRank Algorithm. Xin Wang; JianBo Liu; JianPing Chai; Hanlei Wang // Applied Mechanics & Materials;2014, Issue 644-650, p1791
While providing signal transmission services for stv channels (satellite television channels), catv operators in the area of broadcast and television in China raised a controversial issue about the standard of charging channel operators landing fee. To address the problem, this passage suggests...
- Dish Exec: Hopper Not Affecting Our Clients. Morabito, Andrea // Broadcasting & Cable;3/4/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 9, p12
The article reports that Adam S. Gaynor, director of advertising sales at Dish Network Corp., has considered the Hopper television set-top box of his firm to not discourage advertisers in the U.S.
- Rentrak Expands Dish Tracking Deal. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;2/15/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p19
The article reports on a deal between Rentrack and Dish Network Corp. to commercially integrate data from the satellite- TV operator's set-top boxes into the TV Essentials audience measurement service.
- CRACKING THE CODE. Bachman, Katy // Adweek;8/17/2009, Vol. 50 Issue 30, special section p2
The article discusses television program rating technology. Companies are now able to use data generated by the digital set-top box (STB) control devices for television receivers and equipment such as digital video tape recorders to create more detailed information on ratings for television...