CNN Going All-HD by May
- New facility opens doors to HD. // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Aug2003, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the opening of AHC Post, a facilities house in Soho, New York City as of August 2003. Availability of a high definition and multi-resolution editing in the facility; Comment from Andrew Cummings, producer, on the aim of the facility; High definition service offered by the facility.
- WIMBLEDON'S HD TV STUDIO. // Televisual;Nov2011, p19
The article discusses the move of the Wimbledon Film and TV Studios to open its 8, 000 square feet of high definition television (HD TV) studio in Wimbledon, London, England.
- Keep It Simple, Suppliers! Kerschbaumer, Ken // Broadcasting & Cable;3/13/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 11, p22
Reports on the preparation of CNN for their transition of high-definition television broadcasting. Evaluation conducted by CNN on high-definition field-acquisition formats offered by several suppliers; Equipment wish list of CNN.
- The cost of HD. Luff, John // Broadcast Engineering;Jun2003, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p20
Reports on the operating cost of high definition television (HDTV) broadcast in the U.S. Price premium of HDTV cameras offering multi-standard image capture; Improvement in the lenses for handheld cameras required for filmstyle shooting; Affordability of HDTV terminal equipment with...
- Hospital offers HD treatment. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Aug2003, Vol. 12 Issue 8, p18
Reports that a high definition television studio has opened at The Hospital, a center for music and the arts founded by musician and filmmaker Dave Stewart and Microsoft co-founder/investor Paul Allen in London, England. Target market of the business; Sophistication of the audio equipment; Cost...
- Greatest show on Earth. Waters, George // TVB Europe;Jun99, Vol. 8 Issue 6, p1
Presents information on the National Association of Broadcaster's 1999 annual convention in Las Vegas, Nevada. Broadcasting equipment and systems that were exhibited; Topics discussed; Speakers; Features of high definition television; Rise in number of participants.
- Maximize your HD camera's performance. Thorpe, Larry // Broadcast Engineering;Sep2007, Vol. 49 Issue 9, p72
The article presents information on how to enhance the performance of high definition (HD) cameras. These cameras are used for creating images for high definition television (HDTV). It is mentioned that HDTV origination consists of six stages, in which the camera lens performs the most important...
- opticamSWITCH. GANAHL, CHRISTIAN // Broadcast Engineering;May2012, Vol. 54 Issue 5, p21
The article focuses on the "BigSwitch" project of the Swiss Television industry to deploy its existing HD equipment within an expansion of its studio infrastructure. The aim of the project was to plan a step-by-step increase of HD control rooms to be freely switchable to the nation's five major...
- Time for change? // Televisual;Jun2005, p45
Reports on the start of the work on a high-definition (HD) studio of broadcasting firm BSkyB's Isleworth HQ in London, England. Lack of plan of the firm to offer the HD facilities on the open market; Commitment shown by the firm in offering a HDTV service in Europe; Production of feature...