- FROM OUR BLOGGERS. Bourne, Matt; Carroll, Ged // PRWeek (London);12/3/2010, p14
The article presents comments of this magazine's bloggers about communication issues including the Internet's threat of the future of television broadcasting and "South China Most Post" newspaper's CitizenMap feature that collects environmental issues from government department releases and...
- ABC in Motion with online TV. Marlowe, Chris // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;7/15/2003, Vol. 379 Issue 26, p6
ABC.com will launch a new broadband content platform Wednesday called ABC Motion. Consumers have to download a small piece of software that allows the video to be downloaded in the background, so there is no buffering or additional delay before viewing. The technology allows the content and the...
- Downloading on the up Downunder. Wakefield, Philip // Onfilm;May2006, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the possible effect of Seven Network's plans to make foreign and Australian local television hits available for downloading over the Internet on the industry in New Zealand. Challenges faced by companies in downloading hits; Special interest programs featured in the Web site of...
- Internet TV: One pipe to carry them all. Fox, David // TVB Europe;Feb2002, Vol. 11 Issue 2, p18
Focuses on the adoption of Internet television in Europe. Demand in cable broadband connections; Integration of television broadcasting and Internet protocol platforms; Application of MPEG-compressed television.
- Online was never a rival to TV so let's get them united. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;8/26/2010, p02
The author comments on the alleged rivalry between Internet television (TV) and conventional TV.
- Building the Brand. Cooper, Jim // Brandweek;05/31/99, Vol. 40 Issue 22, SPECIAL REPORT: UPFRONT p62
Focuses on cable television networks that are selling packages across their services. Description of linked buying; Advantages of selling across properties; Networks which are employing the strategy; Types of packages being sold; Involvement of the Internet in linked buying.
- IPTV growth accelerates. Hunter, Philip // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;3/23/2012, p6
The article discusses the increasing growth in IPTV worldwide with Europe as a whole as the world's dominant region with 42.72% of the global market. China has overtaken France and is currently the fastest growing market for IPTV subscribers although Russia was the leading performed in 2011. It...
- Russia and Vietnam drive growth. // Telecom Asia;Jun2012, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p8
The article focuses on rise in the internet television (IPTV) subscription in Russia and Vietnam. Point Topic sees newly emerging markets such as Vietnam and Russia posting impressive annual rates in IPTV. Russian grew by 131% in 2011, making it into the top ten in terms of subscriber numbers...
- Hackin The Net. // Word (Word Publications - Ted Fleischaker);Sep2010, p59
The article discusses various issues concerning the use of cable or satellite lines that consumers utilized for their computers, television and radio appliances. According to the author, television broadcasts were limited by country and DVDs have region codes. He adds that virtual private...