Broadband Grants Might Be Taxable
- State to get funds to map broadband activities. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;9/29/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 230, p8
The article reports that New York will receive a six million U.S.-dollar federal stimulus grant to support its broadband activities.
- Communications grant is 'chance of a lifetime'. Zah, Erny // Navajo Times;4/15/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 15, pA9
The article reports on the move of Walter Haase, general manager of the Navajo Tribal Utilities Authority (NTUA), to push the construction of a fiber optic broadband network on the Navajo Nation after it has awarded with a 32.2 million dollars of federal grant.
- FEDERAL FARM BILL FUNDING RURAL BROADBAND ROLLOUTS. Barthold, Jim // Telephony;9/9/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the federal funding of a high-speed data networks in rural communities in Iowa. Amount of fund allocated to finance broadband services for rural consumers; Criticisms on the funding; Opportunities offered by government subsidized broadband services for telecommunication companies.
- Grant Will Provide Broadband Access to Small W.Va. Town. BURDETTE, WHITNEY // State Journal (WV);9/2/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p11
The article reports on a U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) grant which will provide broadband services to small towns in West Virginia in 2011.
- Transition relief provided for deduction limit on executive compensation. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Feb94, Vol. 73 Issue 2, p92
Reports on the proposals issued by the United States Treasury on the limit imposed on the deduction of executive compensation. Amount of limit; Provision of transition relief for companies; Inclusions in the transition provisions.
- RURAL BROADBAND FUNDING GOING FAST IN FUTURE BUDGETS. Gubbins, Ed // Telephony;5/26/2003, Vol. 244 Issue 11, p12
Reports on the federal funding of rural broadband communication systems in the U.S. Allocations for underserved areas under the grant program issued in May 2003; Future reductions in federal funding of rural communication projects.
- Stimulus Seekers and the Ides of March. Settles, Craig // Multichannel News;2/22/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 8, p27
In this article the author discusses the problems related to applications of the broadband stimulus program in the U.S. It explores the reason which causes the problems, including not winning a grant for the second round in delivering the service in an area where someone had received the grant...
- Sarbanes: Widen Low-Cost-Account Program. Heller, Michele // American Banker;5/3/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 85, p4
Reports the decision of the U.S. Treasury Department to award cash grants to financial institutions to create low-cost accounts. Government allocation for the program's continuance; Recommendation for the government to expand the program; Provisions of the Alternative Banking Program.
- Treasury awards $11.85 million for Native communities. // Native American Times;9/2/2011, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p2
The article focuses on the 11.85 million U.S. dollar to be granted by the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund of the U.S. Treasury Department, U.S. Senator Daniel K. Inouye and U.S. Representative Colleen Hanabusa to 35 Native Community Development Financial Institutions.