Facebook Is So Big, Summit Can't Ignore It
- World Cup Runs Over for ESPN, Univision. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;7/19/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 28, p29
The article reports that U.S. rights-holders ESPN and Univision Interactive Media have gained the top spot television network on air and online for covering the Federation Internationale de Football Association (FIFA) World Cup in the U.S. It states that the 2010 World Cup is watched by 111.6...
- Univision, GameSpot in Web play. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter Weekend Edition;4/2/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 3, p4
The article offers information on the partnership between Univision Interactive Media and CBS Interactive Inc.'s GameSpot Inc. for providing content for a new Spanish-language video gaming web site on Univision.com.
- Mas mucho for Latin songstress. Szalai, Georg // Hollywood Reporter;5/25/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 41, p2
The article reports on the acting and hosting contracts of Latina songstress Jenni Rivera at Univision Interactive Media and Telemundo Network Group LLC for the production of Univision's Webnovela "Finding Myself" and Telemundo's television reality show "Jenni Rivera Presents Chiquis and Raq-C."
- Our World Cup Runneth Over. Conroy, Kevin // Brandweek;8/9/2010, Vol. 51 Issue 29, p14
The article discusses lessons learned by Univision Interactive Media while doing Internet broadcasts of the 2010 World Cup games. The author notes that a media company should consider the lifestyle of its customers, how they live day-to-day, and their consuming habits. He adds that a company...
- Chasing FOX. // New York;10/11/2010, Vol. 43 Issue 32, p28
The article discusses how Cable News Network (CNN) strived to compete with the leading status of Fox News in the cable news industry. It recounts the development of CNN through the management of Jonathan Klein and his boss Jim Walton. CNN has become profitable due to its premium advertising...
- Klein takes WCBS-TV helm; search is on for 1st mate. Brodesser, Claude // MediaWeek;11/24/97, Vol. 7 Issue 44, p4
Reports that CBS Inc. station group president Jonathan Klein has appointed himself to replace WCBS-TV general manager Bud Carey at the network's New York flagship station. Responsibilities; Management of other television stations owned by CBS; Performance rating of WCBS' morning and afternoon...
- Carey out at WCBS-TV. McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;11/24/97, Vol. 127 Issue 48, p35
Reports on the selection of CBS Stations president Jonathan Klein as general manager of WCBS-TV in New York. Goal to make the CBS group number one by year 1999; Improvement in sales and news areas.
- NEWSBRIEFS Short takes on the industry. // DM News;12/14/2009, p2
The article offers world news briefs related to direct marketing. Marketing and communications company Cheil Worldwide Inc. has purchased a majority stake in digital firm The Barbarian Group LLC. Spanish-language media business enterprise Univision Interactive Media has launched its advertising...
- Fade to Black. Marash, Dave // Columbia Journalism Review;Sep/Oct2011, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p24
The article discusses the global increase in video journalism alongside its decline in the U.S. marketplace, as reported by the Project for Excellence in Journalism (PEJ). The author covers the sharp drop in video reporting on the Cable News Network (CNN), as reported by PEJ, and the replacement...