Economic Stabilisation Supporting Sovereign Credit
- MARKET COMMENTARY: Fiscal cliff not only threat. // Dow Theory Forecasts;12/3/2012, Vol. 68 Issue 49, p3
The article reports on the effect of the fiscal uncertainty in the stock market in the U.S. It states that the enforcement of the $600 billion in tax hikes and spending cuts in January 2013 will slow the economic growth and stocks will be under pressure. It mentions that the earnings for the...
- S&P Report Sees New Chargeoff Mark. // American Banker;12/27/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 246, p2
Reports the increase of chargeoffs by credit card companies in the Standard & Poor (S&P) Index in New York, New York. Inference to the interpretation of S&P economist David Wyss; Impact of unemployment and economic recession on consumer spending status; Decline of the operations of auto...
- S&P Says Budget Impasse Wonâ€™t Affect Pennsylvania Rating. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;9/10/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34375, p1
Standard & Poor's says its ratings for Pennsylvania, including AA-minus on general obligation bonds, are unchanged despite lack of a signed budget for fiscal 2016.
- Buy List review. // Dow Theory Forecasts;8/6/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 32, p1
The article reviews the sector weightings of the Buy List and the Focus List that reflect the year-ahead forecast for individual stocks in the U.S. It states that the financial opportunities have experienced declines despite impressive earnings. The Focus List has gained 13.3% until July 31,...
- Year-end picks provide holiday cheer. // Dow Theory Forecasts;12/17/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 51, p2
The article reports on the journals's year-end economic outlook issues from 2000 to 2007 in the U.S. It cites that the journal has provided a total of 53 companies, which have returned 2.6% higher than the Standard & Poor's 500 Index. The average gain and the Standard & Poor's 500 gain of these...
- Brazil Bonds, Real Fall As Debt Gets Downgrade. KEN HOOVER // Investors Business Daily;9/11/2015, pB10
The article forecasts the economic performance of Brazil as of August 2015, highlighting its political and economic problems, low credit ratings for Standard & Poor's 500 Index and oil-price drop.
- Six Utilities Defy Market's Slump. DAVID SAITO-CHUNG // Investors Business Daily;8/25/2015, pB09
The article reports on the financial performance of Standard & Poor's 500 Index (S&P 500) as of 2008 and 2009, highlighting the Dow Jones utility average and fell in U.S. equities.
- Commonwealth's Credit Rating Drops. Teissonniere, Georgianne Ocasio // Caribbean Business;6/2/2005, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p8
The article focuses on the Commonwealth's credit rating for Puerto Rico. In less than a week, a series of five reports prepared by Moody's Investors Service and Standard & Poor's (S&P) were made public, all coinciding with their concerns over the island's fiscal deficit and the high levels of...
- Stafford County, Va., Upgraded to Triple-A by S&P. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;7/15/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34343, p1
"Very strong" fiscal management through the recession won Stafford County, Va., a coveted general obligation bond rating upgrade to triple-A from Standard & Poor's.