K-12 Educational Publishers Jockey For Position In Florida, As Schools Eye Next Year's Adoption
- A textbook case. Hammond, Karen // Quill & Quire;Feb2003, Vol. 69 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the lack of textbooks in elementary schools of Ontario. Organization of events in schools for raising funds to supply text books; Reasons for the financial crisis in the schools of Ontario; Shortcomings of basic foundation grant provided to schools by the government to address the...
- Small Oregon Science Publisher Livens State Textbook Adoption. // Educational Marketer;9/10/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p3
Deals with the submission of textbooks by several publishers for the elementary science adoption in Oregon in 2001.
- Around The States... // Educational Marketer;9/10/2001, Vol. 32 Issue 26, p7
Presents news briefs concerning the procurement activities of several schools around the United States as of September 10, 2001, including the funds allocated for the textbook needs of Oklahoma schools.
- Bookmakers object to Gov't charity levy. Jack, Louise // Marketing Week;10/23/2008, Vol. 31 Issue 43, p1
The article reports that gambling operators have reacted with dismay to British government's plans to impose a statutory levy to fund the industry charity Responsibility in Gambling Trust. Some operators hope that an agreement can be reached in the next few weeks before the government takes...
- Mississippi's 2003 Adopted Reading Textbooks, Grades K-8. // Educational Marketer;2/10/2003, Vol. 34 Issue 5, p3
Lists the adopted reading textbooks for elementary schools in Mississippi.
- Textbook trade-in. Bloch, Emily // Parenting;Oct97, Vol. 11 Issue 8, p23
Gives information on a way in which school administrators can use surplus textbooks. Information on the Product Exchange Program, which was launched by the the Follett Educational Services; Details on discounted products; Information on Lone Grove Upper Elementary School, in Oklahoma, which...
- Despite new money, districts say textbook woes are chronic. Manzo, Kathleen Kenned // Education Week;02/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p1
Reports on the problems facing school districts in the United States as a result of low funding for textbooks. Students' reliance on old textbooks; Need for school districts to exchange their old volumes for new and better textbooks; Schools' dependence on state aid to purchase textbooks.
- What's in it for you? A student directed text preview. Huffman, Lois E. // Journal of Adolescent & Adult Literacy;Sep96, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p56
Discusses the use of student-directed text previews in class. Introduction of the textbook; Generation of questions about the textbook; Advantages of self-directed text explorations.
- Rewriting Texas Texts. Oko, Dan // Mother Jones;Jul/Aug2002, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p17
Reports the aim of conservatives to revise the public school books in Texas. Actions made by Republican-dominated state board of education on the issue of textbooks; Modification on the lifestyles of Native Americans and European settlers; Controversy on issues related to civil rights and the...