Transnational Labour in the Age of Globalization
- One Big Union? // Anarcho-Syndicalist Review;Summer2012, Issue 58, p4
The article offers information on the IndustriALL Global Union which held its first congress in Copenhagen, Denmark on June 18-20, 2012.
- Labor Day honors us all. // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);9/3/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p22
The author reflects on the significance of Labor Day, a legal holiday that honor the entire American working sectors which commemorated every first Monday of September in the U.S. The author describes that labor movement is a valuable celebration afterall the hardships and sacrifices that the...
- From populism to neoliberalism. Murillo, M. Victoria // World Politics;Jan2000, Vol. 52 Issue 2, p135
Examines incentives created by labor union and partisan loyalties and competitions in implementing market-oriented reforms in Latin America. Interaction between allied unions and governing labor parties; Role of labor unions in promoting neoliberal reforms; Significance of worker loyalty in...
- The international labour movement in, against and beyond, the globalized and informatized cage of capitalism and bureaucracy. Waterman, Peter // Interface: A Journal on Social Movements;Nov2014, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p35
Six questions and answers address the present crisis of the hegemonic, Europebased and Western-centric international trade union organisations, the impact of globalisation, neo-liberalisation, informalisation and informatisation on labour internationalism, the experiences and possibilities of...
- LABOUR ACTIVITY FROM THE VIEWPOINTS OF SYNERGIC, DEONTOLOGICAL AND SPIRITUAL APPROACHES. Guzar, U. Y. // Actual Problems of Economics / Aktual'ni Problemi EkonomÃ¬ki;May2010, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p3
The article defines the theoretical grounds of the categories "synergetics", "deontology", "spirituality" and the peculiarities of labour activities from the viewpoints of the synergic, deontological and spiritual approaches. The scheme of increasing the efficiency of labour activity is offered.
- Estudos sobre Trabalho Global: A necessidade de uma perspetiva emancipatÃ³ria. WATERMAN, PETER // Revista CrÃtica de CiÃªncias Sociais;jun2012, Issue 97, p3
This paper critiques the "New Global Labour Studies" for its social-liberal parameters, concentrating on the supra-national or global level, spaces, sites or aspects thereof. It argues the necessity for an "Emancipatory Global Labour Studies" and suggests some possible theoretical sources of such.
- Globalization, Restructuring and Unions: Transnational Co-ordination and Varieties of Labour Engagement. Pulignano, Valeria; Lucio, Miguel Martínez; Walker, Steve // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Spring2013, Vol. 68 Issue 2, p261
This paper considers the various ways in which unions respond to transnational restructuring in their longer-term planning and at different levels of action. To this extent, it avoids simply falling into a workplace-based view of mobilizing, or a national and state level view of union lobbying...
- "Yes, we did it!" Domestic Workers Launch an International Federation. Bonner, Chris; Budin, Barbro; Pape, Karin // Global Labour Column;2/ 1/2014, Issue 162/163, p1
The article looks at the implication of the launching of Founding Congress of the International Domestic Workers Federation (IDWF) of an international federation. Topics include the significance of the launching of IDWF in the history of the Labour Movement, the goals of the International...
- Recasting labour studies in the new millennium. Webster, Edward; Lipsig-Mummé, Carla // Society in Transition;2002, Vol. 33 Issue 2, p258
The paper examines the sociological study of labour and argues that in the past it has tended to be Eurocentric, ignoring the innovative labour movements that emerged in the semi-industrialized countries in the seventies and eighties. These new unions are more like social movements anchored in...