JOHNNY MATHIS: HIS OWN MAN NOW
- JOHNNY MATHIS: MILLIONAIRE WITH PROBLEMS. ROBINSON, LOUIE // Ebony;Mar1965, Vol. 20 Issue 5, p99
The article presents information about singer Johnny Mathis, who was born in San Francisco and his money earning ability. The first song he learned to sing was "My Blue Heaven." At 21, he was earning 100,000 dollars a year and at 29 he was a millionaire. His income from several music publishing...
- FOREVER JOHNNY. Green, Jesse // New Yorker;07/03/2000, Vol. 76 Issue 17, p54
Profiles United States singer Johnny Mathis. Comparison with other great singers; Predisposition of Mathis to silence; High jumper in college; Admiration of Barbra Streisand for the recordings of Mathis; Self-effacing conduct onstage.
- BOY WITH THE GOLDEN VOICE. // Ebony;Dec1957, Vol. 13 Issue 2, p28
The article focuses on San Francisco, California-born singer Johnny Mathis who is expected to earn over 200,000 U.S. dollars for his successful records including "Wonderful, Wonderful," "It's Not For Me To Say," and "Chances Are."
- INTERVIEW: JOHNNY MATHIS. Stone, Christopher // Advocate;2/25/76, Issue 184, p35
Interviews singer Johnny Mathis. Reason for Mathis' reluctance to being interviewed; His comments on how he survived in the show business for 20 years; Activities he indulges in besides singing and playing golf; His comments on why he contributed money to the L.A. Gay Community Services...
- JOHNNY MATHIS. Mitchell, Gail // Billboard;7/23/2011, Vol. 123 Issue 25, p17
The article discusses the career of singer Johnny Mathis as of July 23, 2011, focusing on his 49 hit songs on "Billboard" magazine's adult contemporary songs chart between 1962 and 2003, as well as Mathis' personal views on his career and his love of music.
- Johnny Mathis. Horak, Terri // Billboard;10/23/93, Vol. 105 Issue 43, p26
Reviews the performance of Johnny Mathis at the Carnegie Hall on October 9, 1993. Numbers performed; Choice of material and arrangements; Highlights of the show.
- Nod and a wink. // Billboard;10/9/93, Vol. 105 Issue 41, p107
Presents a photograph of singer Johnny Mathis. Mathis' performance in the Columbia Radio Hour; Other personalities in the photograph.
- Hot 100 airplay. // Billboard;10/9/93, Vol. 105 Issue 41, p110
Presents `Billboard' mag singer Johnny Mathis. Mathis' performance in the Columbia Radio Hour; Other personalities in the photograph.
- Pop Hopefuls. // Time;9/2/1957, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p45
The article offers information on several young singers who are developed for the growth of the music industry. It says that 21-year-old Johnny Mathis, a high-jump athlete in San Francisco State College, was discovered by Columbia Records. Constance Franconero, also known as Connie Francis,...