WOMAN CHAPLAIN BREAKS BARRIER
- THE WEEK IN BLACK HISTORY. // New York Amsterdam News;5/6/2004, Vol. 95 Issue 19, p3
The article presents information on a week in the month of May in Black history. First Black Masonic Lodge founded in Prince Hall, Boston on May 6, 1787. Henry McNeal Turner, first Black chaplain in US Army, dies on May 8, 1915. Ernest Green becomes first Black person to graduate from Central...
- AME Church to build South African college. // Christian Century;10/16/96, Vol. 113 Issue 29, p960
Reports on the US Agency for International Development's (USAID) grant to the African Methodist Episcopal Church for the construction of a community college in South Africa. Fund-raising efforts by the church to build the school at the Wilberforce Institute in Evanton.
- Freedom's Witness: The Civil War Correspondence of Henry McNeal Turner. Patterson, Cynthia L. // American Periodicals;2014, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p209
No abstract available.
- Presiding Elder praises Team Tyler District. Johnson, Delanda S. // Malakoff News (TX);12/21/2007, Vol. 98 Issue 51, p8A
The article reports on the attendance of Johnson Chapel African Methodist Episcopal Church (AME) members to the Tyler District Planning Meeting in Kaufman, Texas.
- AME bishop holds planning meeting. Johnson, Delanda S. // Malakoff News (TX);12/1/2006, Vol. 97 Issue 48, p3A
The article offers information on the an African Methodist Episcopal Churches' conference "Always Moving toward Excellence" held in the city of Richardson, Texas from November 15-18, 2006 that was presided by Bishop Gregory G. M. Ingram.
- Locals attend North Texas Annual Conference. Johnson, Delanda S. // Malakoff News (TX);10/11/2013, Vol. 104 Issue 41, p5
The article offers information on the North Texas Annual Conference of the African Methodist Episcopal Church that was held in Dallas, Texas from September 25-28, 2013.
- LOCAL NEWS AND EVENTS. // Collinsville Herald;5/2/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 18, pA2
This section offers community-related news briefs in Illinois, including the 150th anniversary celebration of the African Methodist Episcopal Church in Collinsville, OneMain Financial's collection of clothing donations and Willoughby Farm in Collinsville's Heritage Day and Hoedown celebration on...
- Ideology, Culture, and the Realities of Racism in the AME Foreign Agenda Toward Events and Issues... Little, Lawrence S. // Western Journal of Black Studies;Summer98, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p128
Presents information on a study on the agenda of African Methodist Episcopal Church (AME) members toward events and issues in Britain and France from 1885-1905. Promotion of issues on liberty, equality and self-determination; Factors that influenced the AME foreign agenda; Role of the AME media.
- Celebrating 118 years at Johnson Chapel AME Church. Johnson, Delanda S. // Malakoff News (TX);9/4/2015, Vol. 106 Issue 36, p6
The article mentions the anniversary of Johnson Chapel African Methodist Episcopal (AME) Church which has been offering its homecoming services for 118 years in Malakoff, Georgia on August 23, 2015.