- Bonds end down on a tired Friday. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;12/14/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30539, p1
Reports on the underperformance of municipal bonds in the United States as of December 11, 1998. Impact of Treasuries' performance and Seagrams' corporate bond sale; Results for the Dow Jones industrial average; Decline in yields; Repricing results for Merrill Lynch; Lehman Brothers' repricing...
- Cape May, N.J., defies souring market with Lehman bid. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/07/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30656, p31
Reports that the Cape May, New Jersey County Municipal Utilities Authority sold a forward option on outstanding bonds to Lehman Brothers Inc. Sale of the bonds despite deteriorating market conditions; Comments from officials; Limitation of Cape May to the forward option; Reason for variance in...
- Massachusetts Selling $496M in Refunding Bonds Today. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p38
Reports on the plan of Massachusetts to sell variable-rate general obligation refunding bonds on February 20, 2001, in a negotiated deal managed by Lehman Brothers Inc. Rating assigned by Moody's Investor to the bonds; Stearns' assessment of the savings on the bond issue on a present-value basis.
- Lehman brothers' pact with fidelity expands muni distribution network. Sherman, Lynn // Bond Buyer;07/06/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30676, p25
Reports on the agreement by Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. to assist Fidelity Investments Inc. to round out its distribution network of tax-exempt municipal bonds. Impact of the agreement on Lehman's retail bond business.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields. // Bond Buyer;1/29/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31313, p37
Presents short-term tax-exempt yields in the United States. Municipal market data; Lehman Brothers Inc.'s money market municipal index.
- Looking to the Future. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;12/4/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31277, p1
Reports on the National Public Finance Conference held in New York to discuss the trends in the municipal bond market. Panellists in the discussion; Comments of John Lawlor, managing director of Merrill Lynch & Co. Inc. on the importance of competitive deals in the municipal bond markets;...
- Munis a Source of Stability in Trying Times, Strategists Say. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;3/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31803, p7
Consternation over the impact the war in Iraq will have on the economy has led to angst in investors, causing fluctuation in the bond markets. But municipal bonds may have much to offer during such trying times, according to market analysts. The last time investor angst may have been as high was...
- Barclays Stresses Commitment to Munis. Shields, Yvette; Herman, Jack // Bond Buyer;11/3/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32995, p1
The article reports that Barclays Capital Inc. has stressed its commitment to municipal bonds in Chicago, Illinois. Accordingly, 160-members national municipal group of the former Lehman Brothers seek for the most part of the bankruptcy. State's municipal finance head Jerry Rizzieri said that...
- LIPA chooses Lehman for upcoming sale. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;07/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30440, p31
Reports that the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) has selected Lehman Brothers Inc. to serve as bookrunner for its planned $2 billion bond sale in the fall of 1998. Factors for the selection; Other firms considered; Use of proceeds to pay Long Island Lighting Co.'s debt; Plan to lay a...