Indiana Gov. Wants Agency Cuts, Reserve Spending to Cover Budget
- Republicans must atone for past excesses. Dodosh, Mark // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p10
Reports on consequences suffered by the state of Ohio due to passage of an incomplete plan to address budget deficit of the state and due to profligate government spending by Republicans in the state from 1990 to 2003. Budget deficit of the state for fiscal year 2003; Average annual inflation...
- Private investment will aid state's economic recovery. Lockhart, Lee // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/5/2001, Issue 322844, p34
Focuses on the budget deficit of the state government in California. Cause of the financial resources reduction; Approaches for economic recovery; Role of private business investment in the economic recovery of the state.
- Evaluating alternative explanations of post war federal deficits. Goff, Brian L. // Public Choice;Mar1993, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p247
Focuses on federal deficits during the post World War 2 period. Result of temporary fluctuations in government spending and revenue; Significance of the optimal finance variables; Association of longer term trends in deficits and interest group variables.
- TEXAS: Spending Limits. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/20/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31269, p39
Reports that a group of lawmakers in Texas organized a tax force to identify ways to limit spending for the 2004-2005 biennium. Possibility of a shortfall in the state's budget for 2002-2003; Details of the state's franchise tax including its drawbacks.
- Dinning goes soft. Serres, Christopher // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;9/18/95, Vol. 22 Issue 40, p8
Declares that cautious Treasurer Jim Dinning of Alberta, Canada has suggested for the first time in two years that the provincial government use budget surpluses to increase spending, rather than pay back debt. Projected deficit versus actual deficit from fiscal years 1992 to 1995; Projections...
- How to deal with the budget deficit. Powers, Claudia // Fairfield County Business Journal;1/13/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p26
Focuses on the ways to deal with budget deficit. Solution to deal with job cut due to budget; Lack of help provided by leadership to deal with this situation; Increase in the burden for taxpayers by the increase in the tax by budget; Loss faced by state because of millionaires' tax; Need to...
- A Chink In The Armour. // Africa Monitor: Southern Africa;Aug2002, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p9
Reports the economic predictions in Mauritius. Decline of national budget and public debt; Increase in budget deficit; Regulation of state spending.
- Of debt and taxes. Cordtz, Dan // FW;11/22/94, Vol. 163 Issue 24, p56
Focuses on the United States federal government's budget deficits. Statistics; Capping of discretionary spending; Deficit reduction; Lost revenues due to government overspending; Author's recommendations to ease the budget deficit.
- Deficits are with us as far as the eye can see. Davies, Stephen A. // American Banker;9/6/94, Vol. 159 Issue 171, p18
Criticizes the administration of President Bill Clinton for failure to address the budget deficits. Projected greater increase in federal spending than revenues after 1998; Strategies employed by the government to deal with budget deficits; Increase in budget deficits under the Clinton...