Bush Picks Peters for Federal Highway Administration
- NOT JUST A ROAD WARRIOR. Murray, Mark // National Journal;8/4/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 31, p2488
Focuses on the nomination of Mary E. Peters as head of the United States Federal Highway Administration. Her road-building record; Concern expressed by environmentalists and opponents of sprawl over her nomination; Her career background.
- CHECKING THE RIGHTNESS OF OUR DIRECTION. Bryant, Bob // Public Roads;Jan/Feb2002, Vol. 65 Issue 4, p1
Presents the text of a speech by Mary E. Peters, administrator of the U.S. Federal Highway Administration. Views on safety and security of the highway system; Comments on highway safety; Opinion on environmental streamlining.
- Federal Highway Administration names 14th administrator. DePoy, Traci J. // Roads & Bridges;Feb98, Vol. 36 Issue 2, p23
Reports the appointment of Kenneth R. Wykle as the 14th US Federal Highway Administrator in November 1997. Date when his nomination was confirmed by the US Senate.
- Personnel. // Public Roads;Nov/Dec98, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p56
Reports on the appointments and other organizational changes in highway departments in the United States (US). Appointment of Kelley S. Coyner as administrator of the US Department of Transportation's (DOT) Research and Special Programs Administration (RSPA); Appointment of Walter L. Sutton Jr....
- Transportation Lessons From Central Europe. Berman, Daniel J. // Public Roads;Jul/Aug2010, Vol. 74 Issue 1, p1
The article discusses the traffic-related business trips of U.S. Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) and Rhode Island state highway officials to the Czech Republic and Poland. The U.S. officials go to these countries to share traffic technology, rules, and habits in order to fulfill the goal...
- Mary Peters joins HDR. // Roads & Bridges;Dec2005, Vol. 43 Issue 12, p12
Reports on the appointment of Mary Peters as the national director for transportation policy and consulting of HDR in the U.S. in 2005. Responsibilities of Peters in the firm's transportation program; Affiliations of Peters prior to joining HDR; Awards received by Peters.
- Scovel at Dot. // Traffic World;11/6/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 45, p13
The article reports on the appointment of former military judge Calvin Scovel as the new inspector general for the Department of Transportation in the U.S. According to the department's secretary Mary Peters, Scovel is qualified to be an advocate for accountability, honesty and integrity. Scovel...
- Highway official to succeed Mineta. Field, David // Airline Business;Oct2006, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p15
The article reports on the nomination of Mary Peters as secretary of the U.S. Department of Transportation. Peters, who is chosen over Maria Cino and Marion Blakey, is nominated to succeed Norm Mineta. Prior to her nomination, she worked at the Federal Highway Administration (FHA). Her...
- Eagle leaves the FHWA to go back to school. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;08/12/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30455, p4
Reports on Lucinda Eagle's departure from the United States Federal Highway Administration to study finance at the Columbia Business School. Eagle's accomplishments at the agency.