Voters OK Tax Hike to Build New Jail for Izard County, Ark
- Texas County Plans November Bond Question for New Jail. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;10/25/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32494, p40
The article reports on the plan of Bandera County, Texas to ask voters to approve an $11.4 million bond issue for the construction of a jail. County Commissioner Doug King explains that the proposed facility will function as a complete justice center and courtroom. The bond package include $9...
- ARKANSAS: Hot Springs Jail Tax Rocks. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/18/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33600, p9
The article reports that 64% of voters have agreed on the proposals of Garland County, Arkansas to raise the sales tax rate to build and operate a new jail in Hot Springs.
- Jail Vote Underway. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;10/11/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33596, p9
The article reports that the voters in Garland County, Arkansas will go the polling places to vote on the sales tax increase by 1% to construct and operate a new county jail worth 40 million dollars in Hot Springs, Arkansas.
- No New Jail. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;1/18/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32051, p35
Reports on the rejection of a sales tax proposal by the Caddo County voters in Oklahoma. Proposal of jail construction to replace a crowded 47-year-old facility; Use of surplus for capital outlay projects; Issuance of bonds to build a combined city hall and community.
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;11/12/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31511, p29
Reports on developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of November 2002. Efforts of the officials of Saline County, Kansas to identify possible options for construction of a county jail; Increase in the state revenues of Arkansas in 2002 compared to 2001; Voters' approval of several million...
- Cook County, Ill., Board Faces Deadline to Pass $3B Budget. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/18/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31823, p32
Reports that Cook County, Illinois Board of Commissioners will be under pressure to work out their differences to reconsider a proposed fiscal 2004 budget. Plans of Cook to issue new-money bonds; Issuance of the bonds to pay for projects that the board has already approved; Proposal of Board...
- IRS Audit of Wayne County Jail Debt Seen as Credit Negative. Devitt, Caitlin // Bondbuyer.com;9/18/2015, p1
Wayne County, Mich.'s disclosure that the IRS is auditing $200 million of bonds is a credit negative, because the cash-strapped county could have a hard time covering the costs of the federal interest subsidy if is lost, Moody's Investors Service said Friday.
- NORTHEAST Bond-Watch. Vadum, Matthew; McKaig, Ryan; Higginbotham, Stacey; Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;12/11/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31034, p35
Provides updates on the bond-related activities in the Northeastern States as of December 2000. Contribution of Natwar M. Gandhi to the District of Columbia and to the accounting profession; Construction of the New York County jail; Improvement of the long-term debt rating of Vassar College.
- MISSISSIPPI: Jail Bond Causes Stir. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/23/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 32988, p9
The article reports on the plan of Jackson County, Mississippi to seek voter approval to issue $22 million on general obligation (GO) bonds for a new jail. However, the opponents disagree about the location of the new jail, which is in the prominent area of the city. It states that the new jail...