Univ. of Mo. Bonds Approved
- University study shows solid benefits of prevailing wage law. // Southern Illinois Labor Tribune;2/2/2012, Vol. 75 Issue 27, p1
The article discusses a study by University of Missouri which reveals that the effort by Missouri Republican legislators to repeal the wage laws in the state could cost employees in the St. Louis area 133-201 million U.S. dollars per year in lost wages. It states that the study refutes many of...
- Michigan legislature may leave school bond bills in limbo. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;06/04/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30655, p3
Focuses on the uncertainty of the progress of legislative bills affecting school bonds in Michigan. Concern among school districts on the impact of proposed legislation on school bond elections; Suggestion from school administrators to leave many options.
- Bill to lower Missouri school bond threshold stuck in Senate. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;05/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30639, p36
Reports on the deliberation in the Senate of a legislative bill to ease policies on passing school bond referendums in Missouri. Amendment lowering the threshold for voter approval of school bonds; Education lobby supporting the amendment.
- Nebraska approves sale of college bonds. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;03/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30359, p30
Announces the Nebraskan unicameral Legislature's passage of a bill authorizing the sale of $79.5 million of revenue bonds by the University of Nebraska Facilities Corp. on March 25, 1998. Governor Ben Nelson's endorsement of the bill; Terms of the bill sponsored by Senator Dan Lynch; Rationale...
- Women's Institute at the University of Missouri at St. Louis Faces Extinction. // Women in Academia Report;5/15/2012, p8
The article reports on the passage of budget resolutions by both houses of the Missouri legislature that ends funding for the Sue Shear Institute for Women in Public Life at the University of Missouri in Saint Louis, Missouri. The institute, in a statement released after the passage of the...
- Debate persists on next farm bill! Dailey, Duane // Missouri Ruralist;Jun2011, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p8
The article focuses on the proposals of the National Milk Producers Federation (NMPF) which will affect dairy farmers in Missouri. It highlights the Foundation for the Future (FFTF) program of NMPF which eliminates the dairy prices-support program for farmers. According to Scott Brown, a dairy...
- Idaho Lawmakers End Session With Bond Bills for Universities, Water Agency. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/20/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31348, p29
Reports the approval of a bond subsidy bill to finance facilities for state universities and the Department of Water Resources by legislators in Idaho. Details of the bill; Subsidy for interest payments on school bonds; Rejection of a bill lowering the threshold necessary to pass local bond...
- Texas schools struggle with funding law 'roller coaster'. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;08/12/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30703, p44
Reports on the implications of the changes in Texas school-funding law in 1999. Bond market's confidence in the state's public school debt; Delay of the proposed lease-purchase deals.
- School Bond Measure Not Included in Bush's Tax-Cut Plan. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;02/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31074, p4
Reports the exclusion of school bonds in the tax-cut proposal of United States President George W. Bush. Focus of the tax relief package; Public-private partnership program for school construction; Uncertainty on the Congressional approval of the bill.