"Giving Is Easy"
- Hospitals Review Fundraising to Offset Waning Donations. Volpe, Michael // Orange County Business Journal;2/2/2009, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p35
The article discusses the innovation of healthcare foundations in searching for funds amidst global financial crises. It states that hospital fundraisers rely on former patients and their families, religious groups and supporters to help raise money. According to Ronald Guziak, executive...
- 11) REGIONAL. // Nonprofit World Funding Alert;Sep2006, Vol. 12 Issue 9, p12
The article offers information on charitable institutions and the different projects undertaken by them. Claude W. and Dolly Ahrens Foundation's funding is focused on the arts, community enhancement, education, the environment, health care, parks and recreation, and social services. Airborne...
- NONPROFIT PROFILE. // San Diego Business Journal;1/15/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p33
The article profiles the Combined Health Agencies under their president Susan Day. The company's mission is to improve their community's health by supporting member agencies through individual and corporate giving. It was founded in 1970 and now has 26 organization members. It provides more than...
- OPINION: 'THE CSF IS A CRITICAL RESOURCE'. Fielding, Rowena // SC Magazine: For IT Security Professionals (UK Edition);Mar/Apr2013, p20
The author discusses the role of the Charities Security Forum (CSF) in the voluntary sector. According to the author as the role of the charities sector become more integrated into the delivery of health and social care services, security and compliance requirements also become more complex to...
- Sumner in a giving mood. Learmonth, Michael // Daily Variety;4/19/2007, Vol. 295 Issue 13, p1
The article reports on the donations given by Sumber Redstone. Redstone, shareholder of Viacom and CBS, announced that he has committed $105 million worth of donations for advance cancer treatment and burn recovery at nonprofit health care organizations. He will make cash contributions of $35...
- CREDITS, CLIENTS AND AWARDS. // Fairfield County Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 49 Issue 8, p27
The article reports that the Linda and Vince McMahon Family Foundation has donated 100,000 dollars to the Boys & Girls Club of Stanford which aims to support initiatives that enable young people to improve their potentials.
- TEAM DOLPHIN WON THE PRO-AM IN '94. Stephenson, Randall // NCGA Golf;Winter2010 Supplement, p4
A photograph of children swimmers who are among the beneficiaries of the Watsonville Family Young Men's Christian Association (YMCA) charitable organization.
- Private Foundations' Giving Even With Year Earlier. Yu, Jane // Orange County Business Journal;9/3/2012, Vol. 35 Issue 36, p32
The article offers information on the charitable contributions, assets, and the rankings of 37 private foundations in California including the Marisla Foundation in Laguna Beach, the William and Sue Gross Family Foundation, and the Beall Family Foundation in Newsport Beach.
- Hearts of Hope now accepting contributions. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);6/20/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 25, p7
The article reports that contributions are accepted by the Hearts of Hope of Hill County to aid victims of sexual assault and domestic violence in Whitney, Texas in 2007.