Mining For Jobs
- A Nation's Frustration. T. T. // Forbes Asia;Mar2010, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p52
The article reports that according to Australian business leader Andrew Forrest, the Australian Employment Covenant, a project for providing employment to Aborigines, had become mired in bureaucracy. The project began in 2008 and got full backing of Australian Prime Minister Kevin Rudd. However,...
- Dear Mr Forrest, business won't fix this one. Ausburn, Kate // Green Left Weekly;11/10/2010, Issue 860, p11
The article presents the author's insights on the "Generation One" campaign of mining magnate Andrew "Twiggy" Forrest of Australia which aims to end the gap between the indigenous and non-indigenous Australians.
- Who controls the future of First Nations youth? Ross, Chris Tyrone // Saskatchewan Sage;Nov2000, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p4
Focuses on the response of federal government on the growing needs of Aboriginal youth in Saskatchewan community. Conceptualization of succession planning in the labor force and in education; Needs of changes in school system; Role of the Aboriginal people in the economy; Significance of...
- Corporations seek staffing solutions. Weir, Bruce // Windspeaker;Mar2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, pB1
Highlights the conference Taking Pulse of Aborigines in Calgary, Alberta. Guest speaker; Theme of the conference; Collaboration on the production of the event between the Aboriginal Achievement Foundation and corporations.
- Ottawa continues to fail Attawapiskat. // Windspeaker;Jan2012, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p5
The article reports on the struggle of the Aboriginal communities in Ottawa, Ontario in facing higher poverty rates and poorer health and employment rates compared to non-Aboriginal people.
- Labour force shortage is tackled. Stevens, Laura // Alberta Sweetgrass;May2006, Vol. 13 Issue 6, p3
Provides information on Trade Winds, a training program designed to improve employment opportunities for Aboriginal people who want to work in the trades, launched at the Boilermakers Union Hall in Edmonton, Alberta on April 25, 2006. Details of the training program; Assessment tests included...
- Oficina Precaria. Soeiro, José // Revista CrÃtica de CiÃªncias Sociais;mai2014, Issue 103, p217
The article reviews the website Oficina Precaria, which is at the url oficinaprecaria.org and which addresses employment without job security especially for indigenous peoples in Brazil.
- Diversity goes missing. Gardner, Jessica // BRW;4/1/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 12, p8
The article offers information on the report of recruitment firm RossJuliaRoss which shows that employment of indigenous Australians is low among the top-listed companies in the Australian Stock Exchange (ASX).
- Actor and ACTU join forces for Indigenous employment. // Lamp;Apr2012, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p8
The article reports on a 2012 announcement from Jeff Lawrence, the secretary of the Australian Council of Trade Unions (ACTU), in which Lawrence stated that the ACTU had partnered with the Jack Thomspon Foundation as part of an initiative to improve skills and jobs training for Indigenous...