- Chain Performance. Andersen, Arthur // Chain Store Age;Aug99 Part 2 of 2, Vol. 75 Issue 8, p9a
Presents data on the performance of retail chains in the United States as of August 1999. Apparel stores; Convenience stores; Department stores.
- Tricks of the trade. Mosher, Diana // Contract;Mar2005, Vol. 47 Issue 3, p50
The article reports that following a prolonged and disheartening economic lull that began in mid-2001, retailers kicked off the second half of 2004 on a positive note due to the revived economy and a dip in unemployment rates. According to the International Council of Shopping Centers, while...
- DDA loan lures national retailers to Woodward loft
development. Ankeny, Robert; Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;9/20/2004, Vol. 20 Issue 38, p26
This article reports that unusual financing provided by the Detroit Downtown Development Authority has helped land new national retail chain stores on Woodward Avenue. Nike Inc., Athlete's Foot and JB's, an urban-sports clothing store, are to occupy 9,100 square feet in the Lofts at Woodward...
- Kyle Krause. Francella, Barbara Grondin // Convenience Store News;8/8/2005, Vol. 41 Issue 10, p74
Presents an interview with Kyle Krause, president of the chainstore "Kum & Go. Convenience store products liked by Krause; Views of Krause on the retail industry; Professional background of Krause; Favorite comfort food of Krause.
- COOPERATIVES AS AN AID TO SMALL BUSINESS IN GERMANY. WEISSER, GERHARD; FASSNACHT, BERTEL // Law & Contemporary Problems;Winter1959, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p208
The article discusses the role of co-operatives in assistance to small businesses in West Germany. In West Germany, small businesses feel the weakness of their bargaining power in competition with large firms in many industries, and thus have concentrated more in fields of specialized production...
- Chain Stores: Menace or Promise? Flynn, John T. // New Republic;4/15/31, Vol. 66 Issue 854, p223
Describes the significance of the chain stores in retail distribution with evaluation of their merits and weaknesses from the public's standpoint. Discussion on the most baffling and pressing problems which the business man has to deal with--the problem of distribution; Description of the cost...
- Convenience Stores in the UK. // European Retail Digest;Autumn96, Issue 12, p52
Examines the operations of convenience stores in Great Britain in 1996. Principal categories of convenience store retailers; Description of convenience stores; Forecast on the categories of convenience stores which are likely to succeed.
- Catching the C-store consumer. // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Feb99, Vol. 88 Issue 2, p14
Deals with the growth of convenience stores in the United States. Factors that drive the sales growth of convenience stores; Consumers of the convenience stores; Average time spent by consumers in a convenience store.
- Terminal trouble. Rees, David // Convenience Store;10/1/2010, p5
The article reports on the complaints of convenience store retailers in Great Britain about in-store pay terminals, claiming that the units are costing them money.