Fact and Comment
- Growing Public Anger Concerns Us All: Appraising the New Impatience. Helicher, Karl // ForeWord Reviews;May/Jun2010, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p28
The article reviews several books including "After the Fall: Saving Capitalism From Wall Street-and Washington," by Nicole Gelinas, "False Profits: Recovering From the Bubble Economy," by Dean Baker and "The Political Centrist," by John Lawrence Hill.
- Stepping up. CITIZEN, LACONIA // New Hampshire Business Review;1/29/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p5
The article reports that the Common Man family of restaurants has raised more than 60,000 dollars to benefit the earthquake relief effort in Haiti through two fund-raisers and a raffle.
- HELPING HAITI. Cantrell, John // Town & Country;Apr2010, Vol. 164 Issue 5359, p90
The article presents information on several relief agencies which provided relief funds to Haiti earthquake victims including Childcare Worldwide, Friends of the Orphans and God's Littlest Angels.
- The Gifts That Keep on Giving. KANE, MARY // Vision Monday;3/1/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p054
The author talks about the relief effort in Haiti following the earthquake that struck the country in January 2010 and its role in the reawakening of social responsibility in the optical industry.
- HOTEL FOR HAITI. // Hotelier;Mar/Apr2010, Vol. 22 Issue 2, p4
The article discusses the "Help for Haiti Program" and relief efforts launched by the Wyndham Montreal Airport in assisting people affected by the earthquake in Haiti.
- Hollywood Opens Its Wallets for Haiti. Staskiewicz, Keith // Entertainment Weekly;1/29/2010, Issue 1087, p19
Celebrities who have donated to disaster relief for the 2010 Haiti Earthquake, including actors Meryl Streep, Brad Pitt and Sandra Bullock, are discussed.
- Haiti aid team leaves March 6. // Catholic East Texas;3/5/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p10
The article reports on the plan of a team of volunteers from the Diocese of Tyler in Texas to depart for Haiti on March 6, 2010 in order to aid the recovery effort after the earthquake.
- Be a Star, Save a Life! // National Geographic Kids;Apr2010, Issue 399, p3
The article focuses on Be a Star, Save a Life campaign initiated by the global health organization PSI, which encourages children to donate for the earthquake victims in Haiti.
- Haiti will need more than handouts. Nickerson, Michael // Esprit de Corps;Mar2010, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p13
In this article the author discusses the speedy response of the Canadian government in extending aid following the earthquake in Haiti in 2010. The author compares the response of Canada to the response of the U.S. and notes that Canada has a history of following U.S. policy. The author draws...