Preparation of size-classified PbS nanoparticles in the gas phase
- Dielectric behavior of nanocomposites of lead sulphide and ferroelectric glass ceramics. Kundu, T.K.; Mukherjee, M.; Chakravorty, D.; Cross, L.E. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/15/1998, Vol. 83 Issue 8, p4380
Provides information on an experimental study of the dielectric behavior of nanocomposites of lead sulphide and ferroelectric glass ceramics. Methodology used to conduct the experiment; Results of the experiment; Discussion on the results
- California Air Resources Board Rulemaking on Aerosol Coatings and Aerosol Adhesives. // CoatingsTech;Oct2011, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p18
The article presents information on data summaries for aerosol coatings and adhesives by the California Air Resources Board (ARB) to improve consumer products regulation.
- Lagrangian kinematic and isentropic trajectory models for aerosol and trace gas transport... Abreton, P.C.D. // South African Journal of Science;Mar96, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p157
Describes langrangian kinematic and isentropic trajectory models for aerosol and trace gras transport studies in Southern Africa. Trajectory comparisons; Projections; Differences between trajectories.
- New aerosols promise improved inhalation therapies. Chamberlain, Gary // Design News;8/11/97, Vol. 53 Issue 15, p11
Focuses on the designing of a dry aerosol mist by a Pennsylvania State University which is said to have efficiently improved the other inhalation aerosols. Comments from David A. Edwards, the associate professor of Chemical Engineering at Penn State; Benefits of having this aerosol; Consistency...
- Charge diffusion noise in monocrystalline PbS nanoparticle films. Otten, F.; Kish, L. B.; Kish, L.B.; Granqvist, C.-G.; Vandamme, L. K. J.; Vandamme, L.K.J.; Vajtai, R.; Kruis, F. E.; Kruis, F.E.; Fissan, H. // Applied Physics Letters;11/20/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 21
Charge transport in monocrystalline lead sulfide (PbS) nanoparticle films is investigated by current noise measurements. Monocrystalline and single-sized PbS nanoparticles are synthesized via the gas phase and deposited electrostatically onto semiconducting (GaAs) and on isolating (SiN[sub x])...
- PbS nanoparticles could become low-cost photodetectors. // Laser Focus World;Sep2010, Vol. 46 Issue 9, p9
The article reports on the development of an approach by scientists at the University of Hamburg which brings lead sulfide (PbS) particles together into stacked layers of 2D sheets.
- Ambient aerosols and human health: working towards a combined analytical and toxicological approach. Zimmermann, Ralf // Analytical & Bioanalytical Chemistry;Jan2012, Vol. 401 Issue 10, p3041
An introduction is presented in which the author discussed various reports published within the issue, including the application of new mass spectrometric tools, the characterization of the organic content of aerosols, and on-line aerosol mass spectrometric techniques.
- Taking a census of air particles. // R&D Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p30
Reports on the detection and measurement of biological war-fare agents found in aerosols using an electronic instrument called the Fluorescence Aerodynamic Particle Sizer 2 (FLAPS 2). Information on where research was conducted; Details on FLAPS 2 in relation to aerosol particles.
- Personal care drives aerosol growth. // CanTech International;Jun2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p11
The article reports on the release of a data by the British Aerosol Manufacturers' Association (BAMA) which shows that personal care sector remains to be the main driver of aerosol sales growth in Great Britain.