Contextualizing Emotional Exhaustion and Positive Emotional Display: The Signaling Effects of Supervisors' Emotional Exhaustion and Service Climate
- Supervisor's Perceptions of the Work Attitudes of Two Groups of Employees. Brauchie, Paul E.; Azam, Shafiqul // Journal of Technology Studies;Summer/Fall2003, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p0
Investigates whether the type of job has an effect on employee attitudes as rated by their supervisors. Differences in work attitudes between information and non-information employees; Supervisors' perceptions of information and non-information employee work attitudes.
- rising from the ranks to management: how to thrive versus survive. Lisoski, Ed // Supervision;Jul2006, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p20
The article presents common errors made by those who have been promoted to supervisor along with tips on how to avoid them. As the supervisor your main focus is motivating your workforce to produce that top quality product as efficiently as they can. Doing so requires a whole new set of skills...
- Your best supervisor. Gaboury, Jane // Industrial Engineer: IE;Apr2007, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p6
The author explains about the capabilities of employees. She claims that employees are also supervisors because they are the ones who know better of their capabilities and their contributions to the organization. To efficiently utilize these resources, she encourages employees to evaluate their...
- the future of your job may be in a word. Graham, John R. // Supervision;Jul2006, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p15
The article presents scenarios involving inefficient employees. The anti-responsibility affirmation reveals how certain employees feel about their relationship to their work. The employee's statement, I didn't think there was a rush, seems like a perfectly valid excuse for a lack of performance...
- Reignite your passion. Huling, Jim // Smart Business Atlanta;May2009, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p6
The article discusses the three steps to awaken energy and excitement in career. It states that rediscovering the best moments at work is one way of reigniting the passion for work. According to the author, clarity of best moments can be used to help rediscover energy and excitement either...
- Quiz: Are you documenting the legal way? // HR Specialist: Employment Law;Jul2012, Vol. 42 Issue 7, p7
A quiz on the documentation of employee performance or behaviour issues is presented.
- Nag Your Way To Success. // OfficePro;Oct2011, Vol. 71 Issue 6, p10
The article presents information on the results of a study that was published in the journal "Organizational Science" in 2011 concerning the impact of office naggers on companies.
- Follow 5 Steps Of Progressive Discipline With Problem Workers. // Successful Supervisor;Apr2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p5
The article discusses the basic steps of progressive discipline with workers with performance problems. Progressive discipline ensures that a worker is treated fairly. Supervisors should check with human resources about their guidelines for progressive discipline. The five basic steps include...
- WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? Feuer, Michael // Smart Business Atlanta;Aug2012, p30
The article offers information related to the failure of bosses or top management to recognize and handle problem employees. It says that bosses may be the first to recognize the problem but are looming on the horizon to make decisions. It states that the effort to stem poor performance is...