THE EFFECTS OF FOOD COLOR ON PERCEIVED FLAVOR
- BRUSSELS SPROUTS. Doiron, Roger // Mother Earth News;Feb/Mar2008, Issue 226, p92
This article presents information on Brussels sprouts. The vegetable can be enjoyed all winter long; the colder the weather, the better they taste. The trick to cooking them is not overcooking them. Most people who say they do not like Brussels sprouts have eaten industrially grown, bitter...
- Simply Saucy. Rittman, Allison // Prepared Foods;May2004, Vol. 173 Issue 5, p39
Discusses the role of sauces in cooking dishes. Classification of sauces; Effect of changing cooking techniques on the flavor and texture of sauces; Use of color in preparing sauces. INSET: Plus: A Tip on Color.
- Design choice: Angostura bitters. Haines, Jeremy // Marketing (00253650);12/13/2006, p8
The article presents the author's comments about the label for Angostura bitters, a highly concentrated food and beverage flavoring essence. The author says that according to the product's label, it is a preparation of gentian in combination with a variety of vegetable coloring matter. He says...
- The Right Color, and New Twists on Dairy. // Prepared Foods;Nov2009, Vol. 178 Issue 11, p55
The article discusses the highlights of some studies presented at "Prepared Foods R&D Seminars" held in the U.S. It includes "Color and Applications in Confectionery Technology," by Aminah Lewis and "Savory Bravery: A New Vision for Dairy Products," by Paula Grabow. The application of color and...
- Rettung fÃ¼r Fruchtabbildungen. Wallau, Rochus // Lebensmittel Zeitung;4/12/2013, Issue 15, p0024
The verdict of the Oberlandesgericht (Higher Regional Court) of DÃ¼sseldorf, Germany concerning the use of depictions of fruit on products which contain only fruit flavorings is discussed. The author discusses the case of a fruit-flavored tea using a picture of a raspberry on the packaging...
- VOICE: More scarcity less affordability. Warwick, Joe // Restaurant Magazine;Nov2012, Issue 219, p16
The author focuses on the scarcity and unavailability of luxury ingredients which made them remain a special seasonal splurge and induce the stomach to grow fonder.
- Lost in (label) translation. Demeritt, Laurie // Snack Food & Wholesale Bakery;Nov2015, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p18
The article highlights the key information that should be contained in food or beverage labels such as health and wellness, certifications, ingredients, company and product narrative.
- Charlatan or champion? Nuttall, Claire // Grocer;9/7/2013, Vol. 236 Issue 8121, p27
The author explores complexity of health labelling of food and beverage products.
- Drinks. // FADER;Oct/Nov2014, Issue 94, p114
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses drinks that look good and taste great with quality glass bottles.