Contracts & Agreements
- Britannica Signs Trade Distributer. // Publishers Weekly;8/25/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 34, p12
Reports on the product distribution agreement between Encyclopaedia Britannica and Continental Sales Inc. Role of Continental in the representation of Britannica's trade titles; Introduction of one-volume titles for the trade market.
- This week. Tucker, Ken // Entertainment Weekly;03/26/99, Issue 478, p93
Presents information on the British Invasion, the Website of Encyclopedia Britannica Inc. Topics covered in the site; Features of the site.
- BIG Encyclopedia. // Adweek Western Edition;10/20/97, Vol. 47 Issue 42, p59
Reports on the launching of a web site called the Britannica Internet Guide by Encyclopedia Britannica. Address of the web site; What the site uses for Web navigation;
- Not for the ordinary Jo. // American Libraries;May94, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p446
Comments on Britannica Instant Research Service (BIRS). Quote from Joseph Esposito, president of Encyclopedia Britannica, North America, who says that the services are not designed for the ordinary user.
- Britannica for sale. // Christian Science Monitor;5/23/95, Vol. 87 Issue 124, p20
Editorial. Reports on the move of the publishers of Encyclopedia Britannica (EC) to sell Britannica. Publishers losing money; Fall in sales; Publication of a CD-ROM version of EC; Online service from EC; Praise from researchers and students.
- Britannica closes book on door-to-door sales. // Crain's Chicago Business;4/29/96, Vol. 19 Issue 18, p6
Reports that Encyclopaedia Britannica Incorporated revealed that they are closing the door-to-door sales method. What they will focus on; Number of jobs to be eliminated; Background information on the company.
- Britannica Online available commercially starting at $150. // Database;Dec95, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p11
Reports that Encyclopaedia Britannica is online with the Internet. Costs; Availability.
- Britannica to sell print sets via bookstores. // Publishers Weekly;6/16/1997, Vol. 244 Issue 24, p14
Announces that Encyclopaedia Britannica (EB) will sell the print edition of its 32-volume encyclopedia through bookstores in the fall of 1997. The suggested retail price of the encyclopedia that includes a copy of the CD-ROM, Britannica CD 97; Dan Yannias as EB's chief executive officer.
- Many people who visited... Taylor, Catharine P. // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/25/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 43, p51
Comments on a letter of apology issued by the chief executive of Encyclopedia Brittanica Inc. to people who visited the Britannica.com Web site but were unable to gain access due to a surge in traffic that resulted from the site's offer of free content.