Online Library Service Questia Gains Its First Campus Subscriber
- Questia to Students: Let Your Fingers Do the Walking for Research. // Library Journal;Fall2000 Net Connect, Vol. 125 Issue 14, p4
Discusses the introduction of questia, a web-based database for social science and humanity books, in January of 2001. Impact on academic libraries, which are concerned that undergraduate students do most of their research on the Internet; Plan of Troy Williams, Chief Executive Officer of...
- Questia Launches Course Management System. // T H E Journal;Apr2005, Vol. 32 Issue 9, p34
Reports on the launch of Questia Classroom online course management system by Questia Media. Features of the system; Benefits of the system to teachers and students; Library collection of the system.
- New Academic Information Model Bypasses Libraries. O'Leary, Mick // Online;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p72
Deals with several companies which threaten to replace traditional academic digital libraries. XanEdu; Questia; Ebrary.
- Deep cuts at Questia. Letts, Mike // Seybold Report: Analyzing Publishing Technologies;06/04/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p30
Reports the retrenchment of 139 employees in the online library service provider Questia. Consideration of the move as the effect of the company's digitization process.
- Questia.com Slashes Staff to Save Cash. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;11/26/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 48, p9
Focuses on the decision of Questia.com to lay off some of its staff. Reason behind the decision of the company to reduce its staff; Plan of Questia to add direct marketing and expand partnerships with other companies to boost its performance; Amount raised by the company's founder since 1998.
- Questia Academic Site Goes Live. Hilts, Paul // Publishers Weekly;1/22/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 4, p187
Focuses on the launching of Questia Media's online service designed to help college students write research papers in January 2001. Value of the project; Other functions of the service; Implication of the effort.
- Dot-Coms Offer Libraries for a Fee. Minkel, Walter // School Library Journal;Jan2001, Vol. 47 Issue 1, p35
Provides information on Internet companies offering library services. Goal of Questia; Purpose of JonesKnowledge's e-global library.
- Questia online service revolutionizes student research. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/18/2001-6/25/2001, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p20
Reports Questia Media, Inc.'s online service that offers students research materials. Benefits of the service; Research topics; Overview of the Questia business model.
- Questia Trims Even Further. Nawotka, Ed; Zeitchik, Steven // Publishers Weekly;2/4/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 5, p11
Reports on the dismissal of more employees at Questia Media Inc. in 2001. Need for the company to streamline operations by reducing the number of employees according to executives.