Tennessee K-6 Reading Adoption Sales Appear Robust; Pearson Leads
- Digital a Plus for Pearson. // Educational Marketer;5/7/2012, Vol. 43 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the financial performance of Pearson Education Inc. which reveals that their sales grew by 11% at constant exchange rates to 1.16 billion euro in the first quarter or an underlying growth of 3% and a headline growth of 12%.
- Pearson Leads EM College Publisher Index. // Educational Marketer;9/14/2009, Vol. 40 Issue 18, p1
No abstract available.
- Pearson Ed Looks for Strong Growth In '07 in K-12 and College. // Educational Marketer;10/29/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p5
The article reports on the impact of strong summer sales of New Jersey-based Pearson Education Inc. on its school and higher education business outlook for 2007. It expects 4-6%growth in revenue to come in at the top end of its earlier forecast, driven by sales of programs that incorporate...
- Mid-Year, K-12 Industry Waits for a Break. // Educational Marketer;8/15/2011, Vol. 42 Issue 17, p1
The article discusses the optimism of several publishers in the PreK-12 industry for the second half of 2011 amidst sales declines in the first half of the year. It says that Pearson Education Inc. anticipates growth for 2011 with its digital programs. It tells that McGraw-Hill Cos. expects high...
- $10.43B U.S. Education Market Improves 4% In 2003; Pearson Ed. Holds Lead On EM Publisher Index. // Educational Marketer;8/2/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 22, p1
The article presents information about education market in the U.S. In 2003, publishers of K-12 and college instructional materials sold to the U.S. classrooms garnered $10.43 billion in sales, growing 4% over 2002, according to EM Publisher Index. Pearson Education Inc. with leading positions...
- Pearson, M-H Education Expect Better Finish for Year. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/4/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 31, p10
Presents an outlook on the performance of Pearson and McGraw-Hill Education for the second half of 2003. Decline in sales and earnings of Pearson in the first six months of the year; Revenue posted by Pearson Education; Total sales at Penguin Group.
- Results Up at Penguin, Pearson Education. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/6/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 32, p12
Reports on the sales and profits of two publishers in the first six months of 2001. Total sales at the Penguin Group; Sales and revenues of Pearson Education. INSETS: Perl Promoted at Penguin;Pfeffer Joins Pearson Education.
- No Bounce for Penguin. // Publishers Weekly;1/24/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 4, p19
Presents an update on the book sales of publisher Penguin Group issued by its parent company Pearson Education in the U.S. as of January 2005. Inability of the Penguin Group to reverse a weak third quarter in the final period of 2004; Decline of sales at Penguin USA.
- Pearson Ed. Creates Early Learning Group, Announces Two Appointments. // Electronic Education Report;05/10/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 9, p2
Reports on Pearson Education's formation of the Pearson Education Early Learning Group, a unit designed to tap into the growing preschool and early literacy market.