Ecampus.com, Spin-Off Of Wallace's, Did Not Twirl Far Enough Away
- Wallace's Bookstores Owner Files Chapter 11. Mutter, John // Publishers Weekly;2/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 8, p10
Reports that former Kentucky Governor Wallace Wilkinson, owner of Wallace's Bookstores and ecampus.com, filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection. Largest creditor of Wallace's Bookstores; Problems of Wilkinson; Charge made by creditors against Wilkinson. INSET: GOOD HEIR.
- eCAMPUS: SUCCESS! NOW WHAT? Loy, Stephen L.; Brown, Steven // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p41
The article examines the stages of growth of eCampus.com, an Internet retailer of college textbooks that has emerged from bankruptcy to become a profitable business. A brief history of the company is given. Several factors attributed to its success are high-cost media campaign and highly...
- eCAMPUS: SUCCESS! NOW WHAT? Loy, Stephen L.; Brown, Steve // Allied Academies International Conference: Proceedings of the In;Apr2009, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p19
The article presents the case study of a test for management students on the strategic management of an electronic commerce business, eCampus.com, and its stages of growth. The case requires students to spend six to twelve hours of outside preparation and can be taught in two hours of class...
- eCAMPUS: SUCCESS! NOW WHAT? Loy, Stephen L.; Brown, Steven // Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies;2010, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p59
The article discusses a case about the strategic management of an e-commerce business and its stages of growth. It cites the eCampus.com as an Internet retailer of college textbooks that turned itself from bankruptcy into a profitable business and achieved a phenomenal visitor-to-buyer...
- Ecampus Files for Chapter 11. Nawotka, Edward // Publishers Weekly;6/18/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 25, p12
Reports that ecampus.com, the online college retailer founded by Wallace Wilkinson, has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Book Acquisition's takeover bid for ecampus.com; Two other companies Wilkinson owns; Speculated reason for the bankruptcy.
- Campus Web site built in a flash. Hohman, Robin Schreier // Network World;06/14/99, Vol. 16 Issue 24, p33
Features ecampus.com, a Web site that sells university apparel, textbooks and education material from all over the United States. Steve Stevens as chief executive officer; Company's use of Oracle Application Servers, Cisco switches and Radware server load-balancing switches. INSET: Briefs..
- Second-Round Financing Gives ecampus $40 million In New Money. // Educational Marketer;10/18/99, Vol. 30 Issue 30, p7
Reports the increase in the corporate financing of ecampus.com, a cyberspace bookstore.
- School Daze. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek New England Edition;09/06/99, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p34
Evaluates advertisements for eCampus.com company. Theme of the advertisements; Agency which created the commercials; Copywriter; Art directors.
- School Daze. Lippert, Barbara // Adweek Midwest Edition;
Criticizes an advertising campaign created by DeVito/Verdi for eCampus.com company. Features of the campaign; Target audience of the campaign; Description of the campaign.