Industry Speculation Swirls As Clock Ticks, Thomson Puts Thirty-Eight Titles On The Block
- Thomson's on the Block. Case, Tony // MediaWeek;02/21/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 8, p10
Reports on the decision of Thomson Corp. to sell all its publications in the United States and Canada. Revenues for those units; Expected bidders; Estimated value of the properties.
- Thomson Corp. splits group. // Editor & Publisher;4/9/94, Vol. 127 Issue 15, p26
Reports on the decision of Thomson Corp. to split its information/publishing group into two operating groups. Optimization of the growth potential of the group with the retirement of Robert Hall as chief executive; Revenues and profit of the group in 1993; Officers; Business profile.
- Publishing company for sale. // Inside Tucson Business;06/12/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p2
Presents updates on Phoenix, Arizona-based publishers Central Newspapers Inc. and Thomson Corp. as of June 12, 2000.
- Higher Ed. Helps Propel Thomson Learning Revenue Growth. // Educational Marketer;11/1/2004, Vol. 35 Issue 31, p6
Reports on the revenue growth of Thomson Corp. in the U.S. Increase in the sales of electronic products for library reference; Factors contributing to the growth in the revenue of the company; Recovery in the international operations of Thomson Corp.
- Electronic Publishing Sparks Growth Thomson. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;3/19/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 12, p10
Focuses on the increase in the earnings of Thomson Corp. in 2000. Growth of electronic publishing; Information on the acquisition of the company Harcourt General by Thomson; Factors that led to the revenue growth of Thomson.
- THOMSON CUTS ITS LOSSES. Moses, Lucia // Editor & Publisher;05/15/2000, Vol. 133 Issue 20, p9
Reports on publisher Thomson Corp.'s earnings for the first quarter of 2000.
- Thomson to Sell Newspapers, Tie Growth to Online Information. // Mergers & Acquisitions: The Dealermaker's Journal;Apr2000, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p35
Reports plans of Thomson Corp. to shift into online information business in the United States. Importance of retaining Toronto Globe and Mail, the flagship paper of Thomson company; Statement concerning the advantage of online information business; Details on the circulation of newspapers by...
- Financial news. // Book Publishing Report;03/13/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 11, p6
Presents updates on the earnings of publishing firms in the United States, in 1999. Includes Fatbrain.com's total sales; Thomson Corp.'s net earnings and revenues from continuing operations.
- Legal challenge to Thomson, West consent decree. // Publishers Weekly;9/9/1996, Vol. 243 Issue 37, p20
Reports on the legal challenge by three companies to the government's proposed anti-trust settlement of Thomson Corporations's $3.4 billion purchase of West Publishing. Claims of the three companies, Lexis-Nexis, Matthew Bender and HyperLaw Inc. that the settlement did not go far enough to...