Thrombosis Prevention After Total Hip Arthroplasty
- New Anticoagulants for the Prevention of Thromboembolism. Lepic, Kylie; Crowther, Mark // Current Pharmaceutical Design;10/21/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 31, p3472
No abstract available.
- THROMBOPROPHYLAXIS AND DEATH AFTER TOTAL HIP REPLACEMENT. Force, Rex // Journal of Family Practice;Mar1997, Vol. 44 Issue 3, p248
The article examines the risk of fatal pulmonary embolism (PE) and total mortality after total hip replacement (THR). To find all the relevant literature that discussed fatal PE and total mortality in patients receiving THR, a MEDLINE search was conducted from 1966 to 1995. The types of...
- Aspirin Versus Low-Molecular-Weight Heparin After Total Hip Arthroplasty. Granziera, Serena; Cohen, Alexander T.; Anderson, David R.; Dunbar, Michael J.; Kahn, Susan R. // Annals of Internal Medicine;10/1/2013, Vol. 159 Issue 7, p502
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Aspirin versus low-molecular-weight heparin for extended venous thromboembolism prophylaxis after total hip arthroplasty: A randomized trial" by D.R. Anderson and friends in a 2013 issue along with a response by authors to the same.
- Hematology. // Clinical & Investigative Medicine;Aug97 Supplement, Vol. 20, pS29
Presents an abstract of the research manuscript `Preoperative enoxaparin is more effective than postoperative enoxaparin in the prevention of deep vein thrombosis (DVT) in patients undergoing total hip replacement (THR): A pooled analysis,' by K.A. Valentine, R.D. Hull et al from the University...
- CME quiz. // Orthopedics;Nov2003, Vol. 26 Issue 11, p1162
Presents a quiz concerning the dosing and timing of low-molecular-heparin thromboprophylaxis in total hip arthroplasty.
- Inflammatory pseudotumor of the hip: a complication of arthroplasty to be recognized by the radiologist. de Melo Santos Vilas Boas, Raquel; Andrade Madeira, Ivana; Abuhid Lopes, Alexia; Barreto Paiva, Edson; Soares Rodrigues, André // Radiologia Brasileira;set/out2015, Vol. 48 Issue 5, p314
Soft tissue complications following hip arthroplasty may occur either in cases of total hip arthroplasty or in hip resurfacing, a technique that has become popular in cases involving young patients. Both orthopedic and radiological literatures are now calling attention to these symptomatic...
- Prevention of deep vein thrombosis after hip replacement: randomised comparison between unfractionated heparin and low molecular weight heparin. Leyvraz, P.F.; Bachmann, F.; Hoek, J.; Buller, H.R.; Postel, M.; Samama, M.; Vandenbroek, M.D. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);9/7/91, Vol. 303 Issue 6802, p543
Examines the effectiveness of two subcutaneous prophylactic regimens for postoperative deep vein thrombosis in patients undergoing total hip replacement in Europe. Comparison between low molecular wight heparin and unfractioned heparin; Application of prophylactic measures in hip surgery; Use...
- The risk of venous clots and heparin therapy. Ferraro, Julia // RN;Dec96, Vol. 59 Issue 12, p16
Shows the effectiveness of heparin in controlling deep vein thromboembolism for patients who had total hip replacement. Comparison of this therapy from placebos; Cost effectiveness of the therapy.
- Can a new design of pneumatic compression device reduce variations in delivered therapy for the mechanical prophylaxis of thromboembolic disease after total hip arthroplasty? Masri, Bassam A.; Dunlop, David J.; McEwen, James A.; Garbuz, Donald S.; Duncan, Clive P. // Canadian Journal of Surgery;Aug2004, Vol. 47 Issue 4, p263
Background: Compression devices have been shown to prevent thromboembolic disease, However, the pressures generated may not be the same as the ones recommended by the manufacturer. The purpose of this study is to investigate a new sequential compression device with feedback to maintain optimal...