Versus Enjoys Hockey Bounce
- Lack of Olympic ad activity not down to brands alone. Palomba, Marina // Campaign;8/15/2008, Issue 32, p18
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Are brands still carrying a torch for the Olympics" in the August 8, 2008 issue.
- Upfront safe from 2000 events. Spain, William // Electronic Media;05/03/99, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p36
Evaluates the impact of Olympic events and presidential election broadcast coverages on upfront sales of airtime slots in the United States. Implication of the Olympics airtime buyouts on other television programs; Transition to election-related programming; Effect of political advertising buys...
- Viewers curling up with Olympics coverage. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;2/22/2010, Vol. 413 Issue 24, p4
The article reports that National Broadcasting Company Inc's Olympic Games programming continued to rack up viewers through the weekend.
- Olympics first: 2012 Summer Games stream live on your iPhone and iPad. McMahon, Franklin // Broadcast Engineering Exclusive Insight;7/17/2012, p3
The article discusses National Broadcasting Company's (NBC) free "NBC Olympics" and "NBC Olympics Live Extra" iPhone OS (iOS) applications which allow live mobile television (TV) streaming of all 302 medal events of the 2012 Olympics on iPhones and iPads.
- 19TH HOLE: THE READERS TAKE OVER. Flood, Gay // Sports Illustrated;3/ 7/1977, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p80
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues including "A Contract with the Kremlin," by William Oscar Johnson in the February 21, 1977 issue, "Ugly, Pestiferous and Prepotent," by William Humphrey in the February 7, 1977 issue, and "A Quarter a Point...
- NBC predicts $800M for Sochi Olympics, but A-B InBev isn't playing. // Advertising Age;5/20/2013, Vol. 84 Issue 20, p3
The article discusses forecast of television advertising by mass media industry firm NBC Universal for its broadcasting of the 2014 Olympic Winter Games and notes that beer industry firm Anheuser-Busch InBev has yet to purchase such advertising.
- NBC Cable Grabs Rings. Cooper, Jim; Consoli, John // MediaWeek;03/15/99, Vol. 9 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the advertising packages offered by the National Broadcasting Co. Inc. for the 1999 Olympic broadcasting on CNBC and MSNBC. Schedule of programming; Comments from David Zaslav, president of cable distribution at the network; Benefits of the distinct feeds.
- Give them a medal. Cooke, Rachel // New Statesman;8/13/2012, Vol. 141 Issue 5118, p50
A review is presented of the television broadcasting of the 2012 Olympic Games by the British Broadcasting Corp. (BBC) 1 television network.
- Gender Gap in Olympic Television Coverage Shrinks. // Women in Academia Report;3/4/2014, p5
The article reports on a study of the gender gap between National Broadcasting Co. Inc.'s (NBC) prime-time coverage of the men's and women's sports at the Sochi, Russia Olympic Games which found that men's events were shown 45.4 percent of the total coverage while women's events were 41.4 percent.