Viacom Pulls Comedy Shows From Hulu
- Viacom to pound `Beat' with Fontana-Levinson. Hontz, Jenny // Variety;05/03/99, Vol. 374 Issue 11, p70
Reports that Viacom Productions has agreed to produce the television program `The Beat.'
- The Agency. Gliatto, Tom // People;2/26/2007, Vol. 67 Issue 8, p40
The article reviews the reality television program "The Agency," on VH1.
- Showtime Performs Surgery on Originals. Reynolds, Mike; Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;11/11/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 45, p8
Presents news briefs related to cable television in the U.S. published in the November 11, 2002 issue of 'Multichannel News.' Permission by Viacom Inc.'s pay service to telecast episodes of an untitled show by Showtime, slated for a January 2003 premiere; Announcement by cable television Home...
- VHI plans to tone it down. Crupi, Anthony // Hollywood Reporter;4/20/2010, Vol. 414 Issue 15, p5
The article reports the launch of the 44 new television series of Viacom also known as VH1 that focuses on music, celebrity, and real-life stories which include "You're Cut Off," "Money Hungry," and "Bionic".
- Viacom makes `Latino Laugh.' // Variety;3/18/96, Vol. 362 Issue 7, p34
Reports on the production of `Latino Laugh Festival' for Showtime by Viacom Productions. Host of event; Number of episodes produced; Work on Spanish-language version.
- HILLS-MANIA! Dagostino, Mark; Dubin, Danielle; Garcia, Jennifer; Laudadio, Marisa; Margaret, Mary; Pienciak, Ryan; Rizzo, Monica; Alexander, Reagan; Chiu, David; Dowd, Kathy Ehrich; Dreben, Jed; Howell, Arnesa A.; Mascia, Kristen; McGee, Tiffany; Morrissey, Siobhan; Nussbaum, Gail; Perry, Simon; Rubin, Courtney; Sundel, Jenny; Triggs, Charlotte // People;4/14/2008, Vol. 69 Issue 14, p20
The article discusses several issues related to the reality television program "The Hills." It is reported that television syndicate MTV UK & Ireland has begun casting a British answer to the California-based reality television program. "The Hills" personality Lauren Conrad has denied reports...
- Viacom wants teens to enter 'Twilight Zone.' Jensen, Jeff // Advertising Age;6/8/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 23, p20
Reports that Viacom Consumer Products has decided to reconceive the 1950s television series `The Twilight Zone' for re-release in 1999. Description of the new series as a cross between `The X-Files' and `Goosebumps.'
- TELEVISION REVIEW: Resurrection Blvd. Speier, Michael // Daily Variety;06/26/2000, Vol. 268 Issue 16, p11
Reviews the television program `Resurrection Boulevard,' by Viacom Productions.
- NBC Affiliate Dumps Wheel and Jeopardy! Murphy, Jeremy // MediaWeek;05/14/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 20, p11
Reports the decision of Sunbeam television's NBC affiliate WHDH-TV to transfer King World's game shows `Jeopardy' and `Wheel of Fortune' to WSBK-TV, a UPN affiliate of Viacom. Appeal of the game shows to viewers; Reason for the transfer of the shows; Benefit of the game shows' playrights to WSBK.