- Comcast to Stage Network DVR Trial. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;6/20/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 25, p30
The article reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. to conduct a field trial of a remote-storage digital video-recorder (RS-DVR) service that will ease whole-home DVR implementations.
- iPhone Gets 2nd Place-Shifting Video App. PALENCHAR, JOSEPH // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;10/26/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 22, p32
This article reports on the launch of a Wi-Fi-enabled video place-shifting application for the iPhone and iPod Touch by Monsoon Multimedia in the U.S. in 2009. The application allows consumers to stream live television programs and stored digital video recorder (DVR) content from their home...
- TiVo. T. L. P. // CED;Dec2008, Vol. 34 Issue 12, p26
The article focuses on the strategic partnership between of TiVo digital video recorder vendors with the cable television industry in the U.S. It says that Comcast Corp. has launched TiVo's service in Boston, Massachusetts in January 2008 and in Connecticut in August 2008, bringing the Internet...
- BROADBAND 50. // CED;Jan2013, Vol. 39 Issue 1, p14
The article focuses on the developments in the U.S. telecommunication industry which took place in the year 2012. It reports that Comcast Corp. has introduced a hybrid internet protocol/Quadrature amplitude modulation platform which will allow customers to enable their smartphone iPhone and...
- Apple of Comcast's Eye. Steinert-Threlkeld, Tom // Multichannel News;1/14/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 2, p30
The article reports on the intention by Brian Roberts to launch Comcast 3.0 to open the eyes of customers, competitors, and retailers that it would be the next Apple, in terms of innovation in electronics in the U.S. In Comcast 3.0, Comcast Corp. will start delivering new communications services...
- Comcast Joins DVR House Party. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;7/12/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 27, p19
The article evaluates the AnyRoom DVR service from Comcast Corp.
- COMCAST TO LIGHT UP CLOUD DVR, IN-HOME TV STREAMING. Baumgartner, Jeff // Multichannel News;6/17/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 24, p15
The article reports that Comcast Corp. has recommended to unify the multi-system operator's (MSO)'s Cloud digital video recorder (DVR) and an in-home television (TV) streaming service using its multi-screen X2 interface.
- 10 STORIES THAT MATTER. // Multichannel News;9/1/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 32, p4
An introduction to the journal is presented which discusses topics within the issue including merger between mass media firms Comcast and Time Warner Cable, resignation of Michael Wright, president at Turner Broadcasting and expansion of products line by digital video recorder makers.
- Comcast X1 Gears Up for Multiroom DVR. BAUMGARTNER, JEFF // Multichannel News;6/10/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 23, p4
The article evaluates the Pace XG1, a high definition (HD) digital video recorder (DVR) by Comcast Corp.