N.Y. BATTLE DRAWS D.C'S GAZE
- Vertical disintegration. Schneider, Michael // Electronic Media;05/10/99, Vol. 18 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the criticism of the sale of some of Walt Disney Television & Communication's film and television products to American Broadcasting Co. by critics of vertical integration. Disney's signing of licensing deals with ABC; Generation of an image of profitability for the network; Suit...
- ABC becoming Sweeney turf? // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/6/2004, Vol. 383 Issue 17, p1
As rumblings persist about a major shake-up in the works at television broadcasting company American Broadcasting Co., sources say the Walt Disney Co.'s highly regarded cable chief, Anne Sweeney, may soon be given the responsibility for Disney's struggling broadcast network. Top Disney...
- Cablevision Wants Its Own DTV Guide. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;8/20/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p10
Reports that United States-based Cablevision Systems Corp. is developing its own interactive program guide (IPG) for its upcoming digital television rollout in September 2001. Features of Cablevision's IPG; Other industry players that have developed their respective IPG.
- THE CABLE VISION. Scanlon, Mavis; Lafayette, Jon // Cable World (10427228);11/11/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 42, p5
Presents updates on U.S. cable television network operator Cablevision Systems as of November 11, 2002. Sale of its Bravo network to NBC; Information on its satellite network; Information on its digital product iO.
- Voom Has Big Holes In Basic-Net Lineup. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;10/20/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the Voom High-Definition TV (HDTV) satellite service in the U.S. of Cablevision Systems Corp. Features of the service; Negotiation being done by the company with potential parties about distributing the service in standard- and HD formats; Number of HDTV channels that will be featured...
- 'Millionaire' off to a flying start. Schlosser, Joe // Broadcasting & Cable;08/23/99, Vol. 129 Issue 35, p37
Reports popularity of the television program `Who Wants to Be A Millionaire' of ABC to viewers in the United States. Number of viewers per episode attracted by the game show; Host of the show; Process of playing the game; Views of the executive producer on nightly and time period bases of ratings.
- ABC takes momentum into new year. Klssell, Rick // Daily Variety;01/04/2001, Vol. 270 Issue 23, p6
Reports that American Broadcasting Co. (ABC) has finished 2000 with strong primetime television ratings in the United States. Examples of ABC shows that showed strong ratings during the given time period; Optimism that the company will continue its positive ratings performance through 2001;...
- Soap net stirs ABC affil drama. Higgins, John M.; McClellan, Steve // Broadcasting & Cable;04/12/99, Vol. 129 Issue 15, p15
Reports on ABC's decision to move ahead with a plan to launch a soap opera channel that will repeat shows that air earlier in the day on the broadcast network's daytime schedule. `All My Children,' and `General Hospital' as among the television programs to be aired on the soap opera channel;...
- ABC alters drama plan. Adalian, Josef // Daily Variety;01/31/2000, Vol. 266 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the American Broadcasting Co.'s decision to produce drama scripts as presentations instead of full-length pilots. Rationale behind the move; Reaction of studios to the move; Implications of the move for the rest of the television broadcasting industry in the United States.