Don't let drivers be victims
- Back to the classroom. Cunnane, Patric // Commercial Motor;9/17/2009, Vol. 210 Issue 5349, p28
The article offers opinions of driver training providers on the demand for training courses after the launch of the Driver Certification for Professional Competence (CPC) scheme in Great Briatin. Under the scheme, heavy goods vehicle (HGV) drivers are required to complete 35 hours of periodic...
- East European drivers--not so much a flood as a trickle. Sheppard, Guy // Commercial Motor;8/26/2004, Vol. 200 Issue 5094, p18
Focuses on the supply of commercial drivers in Great Britain. Shortage of commercial drivers in the country; Increase in the number of foreign job applicants in the transport sector according to the Manpower Driving company; Implications of the European Union expansion on the country's...
- LISTEN & LEARN. Salter, Andy // Commercial Motor;11/17/2005, Vol. 202 Issue 5153, p32
The article describes the new XF105 truck unveiled at the RAI Show in Amsterdam, Netherlands in October 2005. The engine uses a high-pressure fuel-injection system developed jointly with Delphi. The truck is really good on the road. Driver comfort has always been a strong point of the XF...
- Retraining needed? // Commercial Motor;12/15/2005, Vol. 202 Issue 5257, p28
The article comments on the letter from Rob Roweth published in the December 1, 2005 issue of Commercial Vehicle, which is about the retraining of heavy goods vehicle (HGV) drivers in Great Britain. The author agrees with the observations made by Roweth that the drivers of the HGV in the...
- TRAINING COURSES. // Commercial Motor;7/8/2010, Vol. 213 Issue 5389, p24
The article lists several automobile driving training institutes which include the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, the Tyne and Wear LGV and the Ward International.
- Saving Lives, Time and Money. Shackelford, Wayne // Traffic World;8/30/99, Vol. 259 Issue 9, p20
Focuses on the development of intelligent transportation systems (ITS) to help commercial vehicles save lives, time and money in Georgia. Partnership with GeorgiaNet to provide electronic access to public information; Benefits of ITS project to motorists; Features of the ITS system called...
- TRAINING COURSES. // Commercial Motor;6/5/2008, Vol. 207 Issue 5283, p27
The article lists some training courses for drivers and managers related to the commercial vehicles industry which includes FTA, Tachodisc and Sigma Studies.
- CVSA: Improving safety will rely on culture change. Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Exclusive Insight;1/9/2012, p6
The article reports on the role of a culture change among drivers in improvements in highway safety in the U.S., according to the Commercial Vehicle Safety Alliance (CVSA) in 2012. The effectiveness of efforts to educate young drivers was emphasized by CVSA executive director Stephen Keppler....
- The week that was. // Commercial Motor;8/16/2012, Vol. 218 Issue 5497, p9
The article offers several information related to haulage industry in Great Britain in 2012 including the uncertainty faced by Tesco PLC drivers in Doncaster, England, Ryder bought Euroway and the postcode assumed by Cobley Transport.