Estimates of Wind Potential Revised
- Sandia Supercomputer Focusing On NREL Projects. // Energy Daily;4/27/2010, Issue 78, p5
The article reports on the launch of a collaboration between the U.S. Energy Department's Sandia National Laboratories and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to focus on the use of the Red Mesa supercomputer platform in research projects dedicated to improving solar, wind, biofuel...
- NREL adds S&T facility. // R&D Magazine;Jul2006, Vol. 48 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that the U.S. Energy Department's National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) opened its new science and technology facility in Golden, Colorado. The new facility is intended to speed up efforts in the development and commercialization of new energy technologies, namely...
- Water + sun = power. Peach, Laurie // Design News;6/22/98, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p21
Details the research conducted by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory of the United States Department of Energy in Golden, Colorado, on making fuel out of water and sunlight. Material used in the device; Energy potential of hydrogen.
- Colorometer, cycler predict battery thermal performance. Peach, Laurie // Design News;6/22/98, Vol. 54 Issue 12, p22
Details the battery testing facility built by the National Renewable Energy Laboratory of the United States Department of Energy in Godlen, Colorado. Benefits of predicting and measuring battery temperature; Features of calorimeter.
- DOE picks 10 for wind energy projects. // Electric Light & Power;Jan1995, Vol. 73 Issue 1, p36
Reports on partnerships with ten companies entered into by the Department of Energy (DOE) and the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) to take part in negotiations for the first stage of a project to help wind energy development. Development of concepts for utility grade wind turbines;...
- DOE forms national center for photovoltaics. Schofield, Julie Anne // Design News;12/16/96, Vol. 52 Issue 25, p10
Reports on the formation of a National Center for Photovoltaics at the National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) by the US Department of Energy. Linkage between staff expertise and stat-of-the-art researches with solar programs; Alliance members.
- NREL Teams Up on Three ARPA-E Projects to Optimize Electric Vehicle Battery Management and Controls. // Battery Power Products & Technology Magazine;Mar/Apr2013, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p22
The article reports that the U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory (NREL) has joined the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) and its research partners to launch the Advanced Management and Protection of Energy Storage Devices (AMPED) program.
- The National Renewable Energy Laboratory. // Waste News;10/27/97, Vol. 3 Issue 24, p43
Reports that the National Renewable Energy Laboratory at the United States Department of Energy produced two publications. Details on the information found in these publications; Contact point to order these publications.
- 2009 Solar Decathlon. // Physics Today;Dec2009, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p96
Information about the 2009 Solar Decathlon event organized by the U.S. National Renewable Energy Laboratory and hosted by the U.S. Department of Energy, held at the National Mall in Washington D.C. in October 2009 is presented.