- Look at it this way, just for kicks. // BLACFAX;Summer-Winter91, Vol. 6 Issue 24, p14
Presents a vision of what it would have been like if Africans had left written records of their explorations into the Americas and also that the majority of the population of the United States were African. Invention of a skin-darkener cream; European nationalists' raging on the importance of...
- Variations in traditional marriage and family forms: Responses to the changing pattern of family... Schafer, Rita // History of the Family (Elsevier Science);1997, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p197
Focuses on the differences between various types of social organizations among East-and West-African people. Information on case studies in reference to family in the African society; Indepth look at each study individually.
- Dr. Jeffries at Sylvia's. // New York Amsterdam News;11/18/95, Vol. 86 Issue 46, p31
Reports that the International Day of African Consciousness will be celebrated at Sylvia's Restaurant on November 17, 1995.
- CEMOTAP rallies for `Like It Is'. // New York Amsterdam News;6/22/96, Vol. 87 Issue 25, p6
Reports on the Committee to Eliminate Media Offensive to African People's slated media forum on its `Like It Is' program.
- Nowhere to run: Standoff in Paris church highlights immigrants' plight. Chaddock, Gail Russell // Christian Science Monitor;8/19/96, Vol. 88 Issue 185, p7
Reports on the possible expulsion of African immigrants from France. Support for the demands of the Africans to stay.
- CEMOTAP forum on Mumia case. // New York Amsterdam News;6/24/95, Vol. 86 Issue 25, p4
Reports on Committee to Eliminate Media Offensive to African People's affiliation with groups and citizens demanding justice for a black minority scheduled for execution on August 17, 1995.
- CEMOTAP gala opens new headquarters. // New York Amsterdam News;9/24/94, Vol. 85 Issue 39, p19
Reports on the opening of the headquarters of Committee to Eliminate Media Offensive to African People in New York City.
- CEMOTAP exhibit honors the glory of the Black male. // New York Amsterdam News;1/21/95, Vol. 86 Issue 3, p6
Reports that the Committee to Eliminate Media Offensive to African People (CEMOTAP) will hold an exhibit entitled `In Tribute to the Strength, Accomplishments and Beauty of the African Man' throughout February in 1995. February as `African History Month'; Call for interested participants;...
- CEMOTAP structures a public, fee-based dual enterprise. // New York Amsterdam News;5/11/96, Vol. 87 Issue 19, p37
States that the Committee to Eliminate Media Offensive to African People (CEMOTAP) has requested support from the African community, in the establishment of a community-based business. Date set for the community-based business; CEMOTAP's establishment of a $20 and $40 club; How the proceeds from...