Tracking in a Dense Crowd Using Multiple Cameras
- Capturing High Performance. Steele, Jeffrey // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2008, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p87
The article offers information related to the real definition of high-performance camera. It discusses several important factors buyers, as end users of a specified brand of products, have to consider as well as the importance of reading the product specifications. It also offers factors to...
- Big Brother is looking at us from the mirror. Nelson, Ronald // Jefferson County Journal;9/7/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 36, pA4
In the article, the author discusses the growing use of cameras in the U.S., particularly those installed by civil authorities to monitor people's activities, as well as private businesses to check on the operation of their businesses.
- TV Patrol. // Time;5/10/1971, Vol. 97 Issue 19, p56
The article offers information on the advantages of the television (TV) patrol cameras. It highlights the new television system in suburban Mount Vernon, N.Y. that has improved the law and order situation of the area as compared to the last year for the same period of the year. The article...
- 1984 in 2010. Hill, Kashmir // Next American City;Summer2010, Issue 27, p16
The article looks at issues concerning the use of surveillance cameras in the U.S. The Surveillance Camera Players was founded by Bill Brown in 1996 to oppose surveillance of public spaces. Using combined activism and performance art, the group has conducted numerous walking tours. It was in...
- Strange Behavior. Banerjee, Bob // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Oct2009, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p77
The article discusses the video content analysis (VCA) that provides surveillance system to monitor property for behavior as well as movement. The said system aims to assist operators and learns the typical appearance of a normal scene which sets an alarm if something is removed or left behind....
- Target detection coupled with tracking. // Vision Systems Design;Sep2010, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p8
The article offers information on the development of a video-based surveillance framework by Junxian Wang and colleagues at the University of Nevada that would integrate target detection with tracking for the improvement of detection results.
- Tales from the Cube: Out-of-spec problem with a long tail. Wollam, Paul // EDN Europe;Feb2013, p16
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of developing a specialized surveillance equipment for war.
- Surveillance Cameras in Brazil: exclusion, mobility regulation, and the new meanings of security. Kanashiro, Marta Mour�o // Surveillance & Society;Sep2008, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p270
In Brazil, over the last few decades, projects for the installation of surveillance cameras for security purposes in spaces of public circulation have multiplied. However, the issue has not been specifically studied in the country. Research on surveillance cameras in Brazil has generally focused...
- COUNCIL INCREASES SAFETY WITH HI-TECH SOLUTION. // Government News;Jun2009, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p28
The article reports on the installation of closed-circuit television (CCTV) security surveillance system by SNP Security for the local community in Rockdale, New South Wales. It notes that SNP re-use some of the existing equipment and cover it with new technology to create a future-proof and...