Chronicles of Crusade: WILLIAM OF TYRE
- The Crusader States in the Levant. Riley-Smith, Jonathan // Teaching History;Dec2008, Issue 133, p54
The article presents a viewpoint on the historic events, particularly on what have been considered as crusader states in the Middle East. It is being noted that an approach has been reinforced by archaeological discoveries and through evidence that is found for cultural synthesis. The author...
- Time Bandit. Regan, Geoffrey // History Today;Dec2001, Vol. 51 Issue 12, p62
Presents an article on a love for history. Lesson learned from a school on history; Experience in teaching history; Review of the book 'The First Crusader.'
- The Arab Optic. Robinson, Francis // History Today;Sep85, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p54
Reviews three books on Arab history. 'The Genius of Arab Civilization: Source of Renaissance,' edited by John R. Hayes; 'Arab Historians of the Crusades,' selected and translated by Francesco Gabrieli; 'The Crusades Through Arab Eyes,' by Amin Maalouf.
- Crusaders and Historians. Madden, Thomas F. // First Things: A Monthly Journal of Religion & Public Life;Jun/Jul2005, Issue 154, p26
Presents books about crusaders and historians. "The First Crusade: A New History," by Thomas Asbridge; "The Fourth Crusade and the Sack of Constantinople," by Jonathan Phillips; "Fighting for Christendom: Holy War and the Crusades," by Christopher Tyerman.
- Launch your own crusade. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business News New Jersey;12/13/95, Vol. 8 Issue 23, p33
Reports that the Crusades were about people going after their beliefs passionately. Principles which can lead your own sales crusade.
- Time line. // Calliope;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p42
Presents a time line indicating important events during the Crusader era in Europe and the Middle East. Significant dates and personages.
- Fun with words. Cate, Annette // Calliope;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 5 Issue 3, p44
Presents a glossary of terms associated with the Crusades. Word origins; Word stories; Expressions.
- Tentmaking putting down stakes in missions movement. Guthrie, Stan // Christianity Today;11/13/95, Vol. 39 Issue 13, p80
Focuses on the pros and cons for tentmaking which is doing missionary ministry while working in a `nonreligious' occupation. Living with risks; Time is at hand; Tool of the future.
- Follow the crusaders. // Junior Scholastic;12/06/96, Vol. 99 Issue 8, p22
Traces the path of the crusades of European Christians to capture the Holy Land in the 11th-13th centuries. Muslims' takeover of the Holy land; Setting up of four states called the Latin States of the Crusaders; Experiences in the crusades; Ending in defeat for the Christians; Opening up of...