Loving Late Night
- Duquesne U.'s Red Ring Gets New "Owners," Menu. // FoodService Director;1/15/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p13
The article reports on the efforts of Parkhurst Dining Services Inc., the contract management firm overseeing the foodservice at Duquesne University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, to revamp the menu at the school's Red Ring restaurant by switching prepared frozen foods to doing more hand-make menus.
- Parkhurst Launches Healthy Global Cuisine Program. // Food Management;Dec2007, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p14
The article reports that Parkhurst Dining Services in the U.S. has introduced a healthy global cuisine program called Hemisflavors, which features almost 250 fresh global cuisine recipes that are prepared with raw ingredients like fruits and vegetables indigenous to Brazil, Greece, India,...
- news briefs. // FoodService Director;10/15/2009, Vol. 22 Issue 10, p11
This section offers news briefs related to food service in the U.S. Sodexo and Marine Stewardship Council-certified fisheries have collaborated to market 100% of contracted wild-caught seafood purchases in North America by 2015. Parkhurst Dining Services of Pittsburgh has introduced its Basics...
- Sailing the Mediterranean. Kiernan, Willie // FoodService Director;1/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p32
The article probes into the emerging trend of using Mediterranean cuisine among food service operators to promote healthful dining. The cuisine is characterized by the use of olive and vegetable oils and the high consumption of fruits, vegetables, bread and other cereals, grains, potatoes,...
- Smaller Size Matters. Cummings, John // FoodService Director;7/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p34
The article discusses how Parkhurst Dining Services controls portion sizes and calorie counts at Bucknell University in Lewisburg, Pennsylvania. Some of the ways employed by the company include making cookies in house for resident dining, offering microgreen salads in their buffet catering and...
- Asian Marketplace. Holaday, Susan // FoodService Director;5/15/2010, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p42
The article deals with the offering of Asian dishes at non-commercial food service operations in the U.S. Parkhurst Dining Services prepares Asian dishes at its client campuses including Washington & Jefferson College in Washington, Pennsylvania where it offers Korean tacos, sushi and Thai...
- AVG. CHECKS UP $0.50: Oregon State Univ. opens 13 new units. // FoodService Director;05/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 5, p20
Reports on the opening of thirteen restaurants and a la carte dining system at Oregon State University in Corvallis. Benefits of the system; Features of the foodservice operations; Menus offered.
- Bings brings in cash at OSU. // FoodService Director;2/15/2005, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p11
Reports on the success of Bing's Cafe at Oregon State University in Corvallis. Information on the sales generated by the cafeteria; Foods served at Bing's; Significance of the Starbucks products to the success of Bings.
- Northern Exposure. Fitzpatrick, Tara // Food Management;Oct2015, Vol. 50 Issue 10, p38
A review is offered for the Marketplace West dining venue at Oregon State University, in Corvallis, Oregon.