When Should I Re-Hire?
- Due process. Bamford, Martin // Money Marketing;7/2/2009, p42
The article suggests the need to consider the procedural structure of independent financial advisers (IFAs) in assuring their reliability in providing high quality advice for investors in Great Britain. It is highly recommended that investors should be extra cautious of the operating procedure...
- Are you a good closer? Brogan, Jim // Senior Market Advisor;Mar2013, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p46
The author offers suggestions and ideas for insurance and financial advisors on how to turn prospects into valuable clients. One is to avoid having any doubt about closing a certain deal. Another is to build and implement both a business plan and a marketing plan. Understanding the art of...
- Schedule Your Success. Cobb, Bob // Bank Investment Consultant;Feb2008, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p30
The article focuses on the use of marketing calendar as a simple tool to create predictable and consistent production opportunities. It is stated that the problem with most financial advisors is not the boss, but a reactive marketing plan, which only amplifies the cyclicality of the business. It...
- Choosing an investor requires due diligence. Heller, Dean // Las Vegas Business Press;12/2/2002, Vol. 19 Issue 48, p5
Provides insights into the recruitment process for investment professional in Nevada. Comprehension about the types of services; Establishment of professional standards and certification requirements; Set of questions to ask during the job interview.
- Highmark Plans Two More Searches. // Investment Management Weekly;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the search for fixed-income manager and large-cap equity manager by Highmark Inc., a pension plan company.
- Middlesex County Searches in Bonds. Clouse, Carol J. // Investment Management Weekly;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p2
Reports on the search for a short-term fixed income manager and a real estate manager in the United States by Middlesex County Retirement Board of England.
- PaineWebber Hires Research Head Hein. Rasmussen, Eric // Investment Management Weekly;10/04/99, Vol. 12 Issue 37, p7
Reports that PaineWebber has hired former director of money manager research for consulting firm Prudential Securities Investment Management Services, Richard Hein as head of research.
- Funds weed out money managers. Williams, Fred // Pensions & Investments;1/22/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p83
Reports on pension funds' increased issuance of requests for information or RFI, a weeding process in searches for money managers and other service providers. RFI as an abbreviated requests for proposals questionnaire; Search for basic information about the vendor; Advantages of using RFI;...
- Some buck the cutback trend. Kovaleski, Dave // Pensions & Investments;5/14/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p3
Reports on the United States money managers who are boosting their marketing, sales and product development staff to prepare for new products and services, despite the industry cutback trend. Diversified Investment Advisers; SEI Investments; Principal Capital Management; Boston Partners Asset...