Newman Goes to Wilmer Cutler
- UBS Warburg Exec Joins N.Y. Law Firm . Schmelkin, Alissa // American Banker;7/5/2001, Vol. 166 Issue 128, p20
Announces appointment of Bruce Newman as resident counsel for New York office of law firm, Wilmer Cutler & Pickering. Career background.
- LEADER. Griffiths, Catrin // Lawyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 45, p3
Comments on the acquisition of Quack by Wilmer Cutler in Berlin, Germany. Elected shadow economics minister; Number of lawyers at Wilmer.
- PROMOTION SPOTLIGHT: JAMIE GORELICK. // National Mortgage News;5/19/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 34, p3
Reports that former Federal National Mortgage Association vice chairman Jamie Gorelick has become a partner in the Washington, D.C.-based law firm Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering. Gorelick's career history; Background information about the law firm.
- Wilmer Cutler hires ex-government star. Power, Helen // Lawyer;5/19/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 20, p7
Reports that U.S. law firm Wilmer Cutler & Pickering has taken on former Deputy Attorney General Jamie Gorelick as a partner in its litigation practice. Other former government lawyers in the partnership; Gorelick's qualification and field of specialization.
- Wilmer Cutler negates Brussels losses with star hire. Power, Helen // Lawyer;3/11/2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p4
Reports on the appointment of lawyer Professor Ehlerman as counsel of Wilmer Cutler & Pickering as of March 2002. Effectivity date of his appointment; Positions held by Ehlerman prior to joining the law firm; Focus of the work of Ehlerman for the law firm.
- GRAPEVINE. // Lawyer;2/14/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 6, p72
Reports on developments concerning the British legal community as of February 2005. Financial results of Wilmer Cutler Pickering Hale & Doris for 2004; Speculations about the possible new appointment of a new Vice-Chancellor during the year; Reasons for the split of Italian firm Pavia & Ansaldo.
- Wilmer Cutler and Hale and Dorr fight it out for control of European operation. Jordan, Dearbail // Lawyer;4/26/2004, Vol. 18 Issue 16, p2
Reports that the European offices of the law firms Wilmer Cutler & Pickering and Hale & Dorr are facing a power struggle for dominance in the newly merged firm. Lawyers appointed to co-head the firm; Absence of a decision as to who will lead the firm in Europe; Establishment of a policy committee.
- Phythyon joins law firm. // RCR;04/05/99, Vol. 18 Issue 14, p28
Reports that Daniel Phythyon will join Wilmer Cutler & Pickering as counsel.
- Former DOJ Antitrust Head Returns to Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering. Cohen, Judy Radler // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;5/7/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 19, p4
Reports on the return of Douglas Melamed as chairman of antitrust and consumer protection practice group at Wilmer, Cutler & Pickering.