Desperately Seeking AAA
- Sub-Grade Debt Appeal. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/08/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31033, p1
Reports the demand of below-investment grade ratings on outstanding nonrated debts in the United States. Claim of institutional investors of the illiquidity of high yield issues in the municipal market; Details of the rating agencies in the country; Importance of below-investment credit ratings...
- Ratings volatility, the value of a triple-A, and unresolved issues in a downgrade. M.G. // Asset Securitization Report;3/26/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 12, p3
Focuses on the financial concerns of investors in the U.S. Impact of downgrades associated with Hollywood Funding and Heilig-Meyers on the safety structure of asset-backed securities (ABS); Distinction between ABS and off-the-run sectors prone to third party risk; Reactions to the ratings of bonds.
- Moody's: Q1 bond defaults highest in past 80 years. O'Leary, Christopher // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/23/2001, Vol. 67 Issue 16, p9
Focuses on the rate of corporate bonds defaulted during the first quarter of 2001 in the United States according to Moody's Investors Service. Manifestation of the incident as highest bond defaults in 80 years; Amount of the bonds defaulted by several companies; Projections for a possible peak...
- ABC Supply Sells $500M in Bonds. Sheahan, Matthew // High Yield Report;4/8/2013, p37
The article reports that American Builders & Contractors Supply Co. (ABC Supply), Beliot, Wisconsin-based building product supplier, has priced a downsized offering of 500 million dollars in 5.625% senior unsecured notes due 2021. Deutsche Bank and , Bank of America Merrill Lynch are handling...
- Florida Conduit Sells Bond Issue For an Airport Fixed-Base Operator. SIGO, SHELLY // Bond Buyer;9/8/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33579, p8
The article reports on the closure of the 48.4 million-dollar deal between Capital Trust Agency and Million Air Interlink Inc. in the U.S. on August 2, 2011. It mentions that the deal is designed for airport projects in Tallahassee, Florida, Gulfport-Biloxi, Mississippi and Houston, Texas. It...
- Positives from negative. Salih, Chris // Money Marketing;4/28/2011, p32
The article presents an analysis on the decision of the Standard & Poor's Corp. (S&P) to lower the credit rate rating outlook for the U.S. It contends that this decision should not discourage the investors from the market. Investment manager Ben Yearsley views that the downgrade will affect...
- Market Post: New Mexico Deal Priced Too Rich, Investors Say. Flynn, Hillary; Bonello, Maria // Bond Buyer;5/21/2014, Vol. 123 Issue 34113, p1
The article reports that investors have informed that New Mexico severance bonds of 145 million dollars that were offered in the securities market was highly priced as of May 21, 2014. Topics discussed include winning the bid for the bonds by J.P. Morgan Securities LLC, ratings offered to bonds...
- Boston to Sell $200 Million in GOs and Bans. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/6/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31568, p4
Focuses on the proposed sale of multi-million dollar bonds and bond anticipation notes by Boston, Massachusetts. Electronic bidding system on which the bonds and notes are being priced; Components that make up the deal; Bond ratings by various rating agencies.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;9/25/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31727, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in the U.S. as of September 2003. Marketing of general obligation bonds; Improvement of the bond rating of Catholic Healthcare West; Decline of the bond rating of the Massachusetts Health and Educational Facilities Authority.