HOW TO…prevent insider fraud
- Words of HR wisdom: 21 great hiring tips from your peers. // HR Specialist;Nov2013, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p5
The article offers tips for hiring the best applicants for a certain job. It states that he human resource (HR) should hire applicants that is qualified for the applied position to avoid mistakes that will end to termination. It mentions the importance of ensuring on hiring the right candidate...
- Bad Guys Don't Always Wear Black. Reed, David A.; Reed, Diane P. // Credit Union Magazine;Dec2006, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p72
The article presents the first part of a two-part series on the practice of pre-employment background checks in the U.S. Most states in the country have their own employment laws to confer in dealing with falsehoods or omissions in rÃ©sumÃ©s. According to investigations, the best way to stop...
- Personnel. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Jan81, Vol. 34 Issue 2, p322
The article provides information on various research in progress about personnel management. The research projects include one by Charles O'Reilly and John Anderson on changes in the staffing, organization and functioning of personnel departments. The intent of the authors is to prepare a...
- RESEARCH NOTES. Jamieson, Stuart M.; Aaron, Benjamin; Boddy, David; Warner, Malcolm; Kaufman, Jacob J.; Hall, Douglas T. // Industrial & Labor Relations Review;Oct70, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p139
The article reports on the developments of various research projects in different universities in the world. The University of British Columbia Institute of Industrial Relations is now on its 10th year where Stuart M. Jamieson will still be the acting director and Noel Hall's two projects are...
- Thinking outside the neurotypical hiring box. Henderson, Tom // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/1/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 35, p11
In this article, the author discusses the need to change employee screening process frequently used in the human resources department to determine prospective candidates.
- The 10 rules every HR professional must know. Effland, Matthew S. // HR Weekly;1/30/2017, Vol. 5 Issue 5, p6
The article presents ten rules for the human resources (HR) professionals with regards to prevention of employment related lawsuits which includes conducting background checks, providing references, and following policies related to progressive discipline.
- Build the one HR skill that can't be outsourced. // HR Weekly;1/23/2017, Vol. 5 Issue 4, p4
The article offers simple steps to develop strategic thinking skills for human resources personnel.
- Legal Issues for HR Professionals: Reference Checking/Background Investigations. Woska, William J. // Public Personnel Management;Spring2007, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p79
Employers have a legal duty to protect their employees, customers, clients and visitors from injury caused by employees that the employer knows or should have known poses a risk to others. When an employer breaches this duty, they may be liable for damages under the tort of negligent hiring....
- Thanks but no thanks: How to safely reject job candidates. // HR Weekly;7/14/2014, Vol. 2 Issue 28, p3
The article asserts that how a human resource (HR) professional handles the rejection of job candidates can affect the applicants' view of the organization, as it offers tips on how to safely reject candidacies. Topics discussed include sending a well-crafted rejected letter that gives a...