First among equals
- EDITOR'S COMMENT. Fuller, Georgina // Employers Law;Apr2008, p3
The article offers information on several employee regulations that were introduced in Great Britain in April 2008. The Information and Consultation procedures and consultations on Occupational and Personal Pension schemes have been extended to include employers with 50 or more staff. Changes to...
- What's hotâ€¦. // Employers Law;Apr2008, p4
The article presents news briefs related to labor laws and legislation in Great Britain. The Corporate Manslaughter and Corporate Homicide Act 2007 came into effect on April 6, 2008. Under Amendments to the Sex Discrimination Act 1975, new mothers whose expected week of childbirth falls on or...
- EMPLOYMENT LAW TIMETABLE. // Personnel Today;8/5/2008, p13
The article offers information on various labor laws that will be implemented in Great Britain in October 2008. The Sex Discrimination Act 1975 Regulations 2008 narrows the extent to which it is not discriminatory to deprive a woman of the benefit of her terms and conditions during maternity...
- employment law timetable. // Employers Law;Jul/Aug2011, p4
The article presents a schedule of release of several employment laws in Great Britain including bribery offences, equal treatment for agency workers, and increase in national minimum wage to 6.08 British pounds per hour.
- Equality and discrimination. // British Baker;2/25/2011, Vol. 3 Issue 4, Special section p2
The article focuses on the Equality Act of 2010 which identifies nine characteristics in which employees are protected against direct and indirect discrimination in England, Scotland, and Wales.
- Equality Act 2010 dual discrimination provisions still under consideration. // Employers Law;Mar2011, p4
This article reports on the delay in the implementation of the Equality Act in Great Britain brought about by the law's dual discrimination provisions.
- Equality Act will hit firms. // Food Manufacture;Nov2010, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p5
The article reports on the possible implications of the new Equality Act, which was enforced in October 2010 for employers and their employees in Great Britain.
- Government to implement positive action provisions. // Employers Law;Feb2011, p4
The article discusses the provisions on positive action which will be implemented on April 6, 2011 under the Equality Act 2010 in Great Britain.
- Time for an open debate about conflicting discrimination law? McAlindin, Toni // People Management;2/12/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p34
The article reports on the clash between religious discrimination and sexual orientation as discrimination law grows in Great Britain. The conflict started when both areas were extended to goods and services in 2007. Information is presented on several court cases related to discrimination law,...